Injuries | Golden Skate

Injuries

lutzskate

On the Ice
Okay, my mom was in the hospital (she's out now) and I have been out of the loop...I was watching the Canadian Nationals on CBC and they reported that Tanith and Ben, Delobel & Schoenfelder and Domnina & Shabalin are ALL INJURED? Can someone fill me in as to the nature of the injuries and the possibility of missing worlds???

Are there any other injuries to top skaters?

thanks so much

lutzskate

On the Ice
Okay, I found this post on the US Nationals thread
Injuries have certainly been a factor in ice dance this season. It's beginning to feel like "survival of the fittest"!
National Championships especially seems to be trouble this season.

Russian Nationals - Dom/Shab withdrew; Doign Euros?
French Nationals - Del/Shoen withdrew; Not doing Euros either.
Canadian Nationals - hopefully Virtue/Moir healthy enough? And will they do 4C?
Italian Nationals - anybody know what happened there? Didn't the #1 team have a bad hand cut at Grand Prix Final?
Now Tanith & Ben
:-(

and I now understand about Tanith and Ben (hope his back gets better. I know the pain associated with this type of injury).

Any news on the others though?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Are there any other injuries to top skaters?
Unfortunately there are. Emily Hughes and Kimmie Meissner are both out of US Nationals (though I doubt Hughes would have had a shot at the podium). Sarah Meier and Valentina Marchei are injured and not doing Europeans. Kevin van der Perren had some kind of injury but he skated yesterday in the men's SP and hopefully will be good to go today.

Dance: Shabalin aggravated his knee injury and they pulled out of Euros following the CD. Isabel Delobel hurt her shoulder at the GPF gala (?) and had arthroscopic surgery earlier this month. Olivier is actually in Helsinki, cheering on the other French skaters and maybe doing PR or something?

**Carol**

Rinkside
I'm really sad for Ben's injury, I just hope they come back to the worlds :)

And all this dance injuries are sort of strange...the (top 3 teams - don't know if I can say taht) get hurt...crazy

Linny

Final Flight
Melissa Gregory and Denis Petuchov

I feel like I'm out of the loop... where are Melissa Gregory and Denis Petuchov?
Linny