Junior FD: Thursday 10:50 to 1:00 EST | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Junior FD: Thursday 10:50 to 1:00 EST

kate

On the Ice
Wingle and McKernan are also skating to Turandot, not just Tosca. Not sure why IN is often only listing part of the music selections, since skaters are required to report them all...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
10 Shannon Wingle, Arctic FSC Timothy McKernan, Broadmoor SC
OD Score: tes 25.36 pcs 20.13 total 45.49 overall 74.41 Rank Incoming: 5
FD: Tosca by Puccini

Her dress looks polka (blue and white) rather than Tosca

The feed Tonia has isn't mine. They are loud and over the music.

They have problems with the twizzles including a set in F/W.

TES 37.42 PCS 33.22 Total 70.64 Overall 145.04

Into 2nd

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The skating was not as precise as at JGPF, but I thought the interaction between themselves, the music and the crowd was better. A lovely dance, truly.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
13 Rachel Tibbetts, Broadmoor SC Collin Brubaker, All Year FSC
OD Score: TES 26.78 PCS 20.41 Total 47.19 Overall 75.73 Rank Incoming: 4
FD: Blues for Klook

His butt looks like he sat in a puddle of milk (bleached jeans)

They messed up every set of twizzles they had. They separate and get very out of unison and one or the other has to either run to catch up or dodge back.

I like that lift where she's doing a split standing on his feet and he's in a spread eagle.

TES 33.94 PCS 33.53 Total 67.47 Overall 143.20
in 5th

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
14 Piper Gilles, Broadmoor SC Zachary Donohue, Broadmoor SC
OD Score: TES 26.60 PCS 20.73 Total 47.33 Overall 76.83 Rank Incoming: 3
FD: Besame Mucho; Pontero en Libertad; Magalenha; by Sergio Mendez

So to typical Latin set of music.

She's in pale orange bra and little skirt. The bra has a large distracting orange rag flapping from one breast. The spin was quite weak. 2 of the lifts, especially the first one were very good. They were a little rough in one of the F/W sequences.

First twizzle was seriously out of unison (despite having a very cool position) and it was too stationary for my taste.

TES 39.18 PCS 35.09 Total 74.27 Overall 151.07

They get the bronze and Shibutanis get the silver.

Just to be quite quite clear, Chock and Zuerlein were absolutely excellent and the Shibutanis would have been second even if Maia had not had trouble in the twizzles.

Vincero

Rinkside
Thank you for doing the PBP, Kate and Doris! You two do a wonderful job and it is really helpful to people who don't live in the US like me. I love your fashion comments Doris.

Congrats to the medal winners. It seems like Chock/Zuerlein have really gained momentum this year. I still wasn't too fond of their program at JGPF, maybe that will change if I find videos of this comp, but I hope they get better programs next year. They really do have excellent line and edges. Also, they seem remarkably consistent. I don't think they've made any major mistakes this year. (A side note: I think Madison is a gorgeous girl, but I'm not too fond of their CD or OD costumes. I quite like the FD though.)

I adore the Shibutanis and their FD, but it seems like they're having some problems with their twizzles. I don't think they've had a completely clean set of twizzles since JGP Courchevel. I hope they can get their twizzles more consistent, as they can be quite beautiful when they're on (like in the JGP Courchevel FD) But still, 2nd place is a great achievement for them at their age. I hope this will mean they get to go to Junior Worlds with Chock/Zuerlein and the Hubbells.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
So...the top two teams go to junior worlds now, right?:yes:

kate

On the Ice
So...the top two teams go to junior worlds now, right?:yes:

It'll probably be the Shibutanis, Chock/Zuerlein, and the Hubbells unless one of the them declines, in which case they'll probably send Gilles/Donohue. I believe we do have 3 spots, right?

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
It'll probably be the Shibutanis, Chock/Zuerlein, and the Hubbells unless one of the them declines, in which case they'll probably send Gilles/Donohue. I believe we do have 3 spots, right?

Yes, I am almost positive you're right. It was the top two teams at Nationals and the Hubbells. That was a very close competition, especially the CD and OD. I have never seen Chock/Zuerlein perform like they have here. I am happy the Shibutanis retained their second place position and I can't wait to see them at worlds~!

~tapdancer

On the Ice
Chock/Zuerlin were magnificent. I got chills. Just a beautiful FD, far and away the gold medalists here. I also enjoyed the Shubatanis, they are going to be something when Maia grows a little more. Actually they are already something, but they are going to get better!