Awful Ice Network live stream | Golden Skate

Awful Ice Network live stream

Kimmie Fan

On the Ice
Is it me or the quality of live stream just plain awful?
its lot worse than what they had for GP series.

quality is so bad that i can't make out the facial expressions of the skaters while they are skating.
In fact, the stream is so blurry that sometimes its like bunch of faceless mannequins skating!

kate

On the Ice
It isn't great, but I found it gets better (at least a little bit) if you pause for a second or two so you're running not quite live.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
Really? Wow I havent watched it yet, so Im not sure yet. But if thats true that sucks:p I'll probably start watching tonight with the Ladies SP. I watched the CD on Universal Sports and plan to do the same with the Pairs SP & OD. Thank you Universal Sports:clap::bow:

are you watching it at the best quality one? (I think they are 400 & 700, dont hold me to it since I cant check at work) is it just the live stream? or is the on demand version of the competition the same way?

I wonder whats causing the problem. Hmmm whatever it is I hope it gets resolved. Im sorry its not working out good for you. Hopefully today's coverage will be clearer:agree:

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
are you watching it at the best quality one? (I think they are 400 & 700, dont hold me to it since I cant check at work) is it just the live stream? or is the on demand version of the competition the same way?

I wonder whats causing the problem. Hmmm whatever it is I hope it gets resolved. Im sorry its not working out good for you. Hopefully today's coverage will be clearer:agree:

I am on Comcast High Speed w/blast and find no difference in quality between 400 and 700. Very blurry! Also my IN player is freezing up about every 20 minutes or so, at which time I have to close and reopen to get to work.

I have been emailing the tech folks at MLBMM and they told me last night that the quality for all the Senior Events will be much better! I will believe it when I see it!

(Adding) Recalling nationals last year, IN used it's own cameras for Novice and Junior events, and NBC cameras and signal feed was utilized for all senior events, as NBC captures and records all Senior level disciplines, both Short and Long programs. This may be what they were referring to as quality will be better for Senior events. If this is the case, then IN needs to invest in better cameras and streaming equipment, period!

Last edited:

Kimmie Fan

On the Ice
I think the problem lies not with the camera but whatever IN uses for live streaming.

The blurry coverage we see live becomes lot better if you see the later archived video.

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I watched some of the Europeans last night on the Swedish link (see the Europeans thread) and it was wonderful, the best streaming TV I have seen on the internet. Does anyone know how they do it? If only Icenetwork was somewhere close to their quality.

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
guys, try completely close down icenetwork, like the browser, log out of icenetwork, and then open and log in again, it worked!

london_calling

On the Ice
Here's a weird thing: When I tried to access the live feed on IN from one of my computers (Platform: Windows XP, Browser: Firefox) I couldn't get any picture or sound. Went to my other computer (Platform: Ubuntu, Browser: Firefox) and it works fine now!

But overall I've been very disappointed with IN's crappy feeds that they can't seem to get working right.