Awful Ice Network live stream | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Awful Ice Network live stream

ks777

Record Breaker
I am so glad that I didn't subsribe IN!! I just don't trust internet streaming subsriptions.

icedancedevotee

Rinkside
Well, I can put up with a choppy feed if it gives me the chance to see skaters that would NEVER make it onto American television. For that little perk alone, I'm thankful for my IceNetwork. :clap:

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
Well, I can put up with a choppy feed if it gives me the chance to see skaters that would NEVER make it onto American television. For that little perk alone, I'm thankful for my IceNetwork. :clap:

I fully agree! They have a lot of problems, partly because they're very new, but they always fix the problem pretty quickly. But they really do show the entire competition, if not Icenetwork, we people in US can never see some of the skaters that we've seen this season! :)

Kimmie Fan

On the Ice
I fully agree! They have a lot of problems, partly because they're very new, but they always fix the problem pretty quickly. But they really do show the entire competition, if not Icenetwork, we people in US can never see some of the skaters that we've seen this season! :)
There lies the dilemma.

I an grateful for the coverage...but is it too much to ask for quality service? especially since its paid service?

gold12345

Medalist
There lies the dilemma.

I an grateful for the coverage...but is it too much to ask for quality service? especially since its paid service?

Exactly. Just because there is no competition, I don't really think that should be an excuse for not offering quality service. It's not like they've never streamed an event live before. I don't see why there would still be major problems.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
Thankfully I didnt get a blank screen(thankfully) but the sound wasnt synch'd with the picture. It wasnt bad during the skate but was very distracting in the kiss & cry. :p

Thankfully the picture was great, and I saw a difference from 400 to 700 and I plugged the hdmi cord into the tv from the computer and got to watch the Ladies SP on a 65 inch screen :) Thank God for technology.:agree:

waxel

Final Flight
The picture was much better today and much less freezing ... but the sound and picture was not synched ... and it's still worth 30 bucks for the Nov. and Jr. comps alone ... and I understand that Nats is a BIG task for a small web network to achieve and IN has my support. But why worse this year than last?

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
There lies the dilemma.

No, i think you are very picky and ungrateful, no offense.

It's only 30 bucks a year, for ALL competitions of a season, except World championship. They added a substantial amount of competitions to this year's subscription compare to last year, but they did not rise the price a bit!

After all, it is online stream, not watching on TV! You cannot ask for the same quality. And I do not think the quality is that bad to be honest.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm OK with the lack of quality during Nationals, but I would expect that when they put the vids up in the ondemand archive that they would fix the synchronization. The OD is just as bad in the archive as live :eek:

Generally their archival stuff is just fine and displays well.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
It is not the price itself that bothers me. I simply do not put credit card numbers online, because of the massive identity theft problem. I feel safer with telephone ordering. Some companies seem to understand that there are knowledgeable people who feel this way, and they provide a dual ordering option, online or by phone.

I think it is grand that icenetwork offers a chance to see skaters otherwise invisible to a U.S. audience. The downside of the set-up is that YouTube and other sites are not allowed to show individual programmes posted by well-intentioned fans for other fans who would otherwise not get to see them at all. Sometimes, accounts that were vast treasuries of old videos, classic skating moments, were wiped out, i.e., totally disabled, because the account owner had, knowingly or unknowingly, posted something that icenetwork regards as its property. This is in no way in the long-term interests of the sport, globally, and I wonder what, indeed, the long-term effects on U.S. skating in particular, will be, if these policies continue.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Does anyone when know when the video of the senior ladies' short will be on Ice Network. The stream did not work when I tried to watch it live.

enlight78

Medalist
The senoir events our worst. At least the on demand novice and jr events had decent quality. The senior events on-demand are very choppy. All the other events except US national senoir event are watchable. Is that ironic or what. If they are using NBC equipement. NBC must have went cheap because their live feed during the summer olympics was great.

MissCleo

On the Ice
No, i think you are very picky and ungrateful, no offense.

It's only 30 bucks a year, for ALL competitions of a season, except World championship. They added a substantial amount of competitions to this year's subscription compare to last year, but they did not rise the price a bit!

After all, it is online stream, not watching on TV! You cannot ask for the same quality. And I do not think the quality is that bad to be honest.

IN isnt showing Worlds?

sillylionlove

Medalist
No, IN is not showing Worlds.. due to broadcasting rights.. I forgot which channel of US is going to show it though..

The worlds are actually going to be shown on the Oxygen Network here in the US. Most cable companies carry this network...but some don't.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It isn't NBC-If you look at footage from the 1970's, it isn't as bad as what IN broadcast yesterday. There is no equipment out there old enough to create that bad a signal.

It appears to me that IN does not appear to have a large enough bandwidth to handle the traffic, so they crapped up the signal to save space.(cut the number of frames per second--I don't know what the technical term is for this). Worse, they spooled the crapped up signal to their on-demand coverage, so it's exactly the same crap they broadcst.