Ladies SP | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP

NBC is showing Alissa SP right now. This is the definition of ladies skating.

If she could bring more speed, better consistency, a 3+3, and more power to her jumps, she could compete with Asada, Kim, Rochette, and Kostner. She also needs more difficulty in her LP . . .

I agree 100% with both Herm and Museksk8r. (Especial Herm. ;) )

Seeing the performances for the first time, I liked all of them better than ... um, when I didn't see them. :) Ashley's was wonderful.

Did you see Alissa's interview at the end? She is the anti-Caroline Zhang. Caroline talks a mile a minute, while Alissa answered each question with as few words as possible.

katymay

Medalist
I would love to see Ashley and Bebe skate a clean long. Having said that, wow-the U.S. women are just not even in the same league with the skaters from Japan, Yuna, Joan/CAroline etc. It is like watching Senior ladies vs. Novice.
And what is coming up the ranks in Junior ladies? Ouch. No encouragement there either. U.S. skating? Things are BAD. Real Bad. And given what waits in the wings, only getting worse. And I won't even go into how bad the U.S. pair teams are. Good grief.

herios

Medalist
Maybe Alissa hasn't done well with pressure in the past, but maybe it wasn't her time yet. I'm not going to count her out or put negative energy out there. She's a lovely young woman and a beautiful skater overall, and I think she puts "lady" in "ladies figure skating" more than anyone else we have in the US right now. Maybe this is finally her time! :thumbsup:

I think so too. She looks very calm and serene on TV, like she knows what she can do.

lmarie086

Medalist
I would love to see Ashley and Bebe skate a clean long. Having said that, wow-the U.S. women are just not even in the same league with the skaters from Japan, Yuna, Joan/CAroline etc. It is like watching Senior ladies vs. Novice.
And what is coming up the ranks in Junior ladies? Ouch. No encouragement there either. U.S. skating? Things are BAD. Real Bad. And given what waits in the wings, only getting worse. And I won't even go into how bad the U.S. pair teams are. Good grief.

Have you been reading Phil Hersch? :rolleye:

herios

Medalist
Alissa is so pretty, so exquisite and seems like a really sweet girl. If she can skate clean like this, I think she should be able to medal at worlds. After all Lepisto won Euro with only four triples over Kostner and if Alissa can land five clean triples, along with her excellent spins, she will be amazing. My only problem with her skate, though, is that she is quite slow, seems even slower than Zhang. Still, she is so breathtakingly beautiful.

The music dictated the slow skating for Alissa. She skates the LP faster. Caroline skates like through molasses all the time, doesn't matter what kinf od mucis she tackles.:)

Maybe Michelle and Sasha wiill come back and save the day. :)