Ladies SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP

turtle

On the Ice
Ha! This competition might turn out to be more nail biting than I had thought. Would be very happy if Alissa can hold this position til the end.

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Ah, interesting. So I wasn't the only one who had issues with the sound being out of sync. I was wondering what was going on there.

No Dog, you are not alone. I'm just too chicken to log out and back in; it took several tries to get in. I tried IE, then Chrome, then Firefox, then Chrome again and finally made it in. The IN site kept giving me server errors.

Wow, I just saw a flying object dart off my screen.... it was Caroline's mule kick. They need to harness the energy generated in that kick; she could light the arena for a couple of minutes.

feraina

Record Breaker
I'm glad that judges/tech panel don't seem to be holding "down" the skaters that skate early. Alissa's score was quite high without a 3-3, and also not skating especially fast today.

I'm really hoping that since they stopped the audio feed for the warm-up, that when they come back in again it will be in sync. Please, please!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Sound's out of sync again...

the way she jumps always makes me a little nervous.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Almost clean beautiful program from Caroline!
Double axel is giving her way too much problem this season.
Sound had to be really in sync to fully appreciate her wonderful footwork.

kate

On the Ice
Caroline Zhang (La Bayadere)

She looks determined
Beautiful choreography to start
3F+3T looked clean from my angle (albeit with a mule kick still)
3Lo nice, good call taking out the lutz
2A turns out -- what is with her and this jump! -- more speed into this time at least
CCoSp4, great twist sit
SlSt ok, maybe a bit simple, loving the sit/twizzle though
FSSp3
A smile!
SpSq4 stunning split on the FO
LSp3, could have very easily been a L4 but she only held the classic position for 6 revolutions.

Edit: 3T sure looked clean to me on replay.

Other edit: She only had the layback for 6 revolutions before grabbing her blade, didn't she? That's an automatic level 1...

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
Aside from the turn-out on the 2A, that was pretty good. I just wish she would skate faster though.

lmarie086

Medalist
Caroline looked like she had more speed going into the 2A than she's had all season, but it still needs some improvement. I'd to see that improve (as well as her mulekick).

Pretty good overall IMO. I'm not good at picking up on URs so I won't mention that, but she looks so much more confident here than she has all season (especially in the SP), it's nice to see her smiling during her performance.

kate

On the Ice
Czisny 65.75
Zhang 58.91
Hacker 54.79
Zhou 44.96
Rosenthal 43.48
Khazova 30.58

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Zhang surely got downgraded, possibly on both the 3toe and the 2Axel? Or may have also gotten a flutz deduction? Just guessing, I'm not able to view it at the moment. 58.91.

Last edited:

lmarie086

Medalist
That's lower than I had expected, it being Nationals. Did she lose a level somewhere? Downgrading wouldn't surprise me, but I thought her jumps looked improved.

feraina

Record Breaker
She didn't hold her spins very long today...

I also thought the 3F was a little short. Hopefully it won't get downgraded...

But you know, that presentation was really good. Maybe the fastest and most confident/energetic she's ever skated.

Too bad, only 58.91. :cry: The 3F was downgraded, and I think she had two level 3 spins. Maybe three level 3. She didn't hold the back sit position of her combo spin at all...

Tesla

Final Flight
Caroline Zhang (La Bayadere)
Other edit: She only had the layback for 6 revolutions before grabbing her blade, didn't she? That's an automatic level 1...

Judging by the score, you may be right.

gold12345

Medalist
Good for Czisny, but I would not want to send her to Worlds.

Neither would I. I don't trust her. Then again, I don't trust many of the ladies. Everyone is subject to under rotation and edge deductions nowadays.

But it's getting really annoying that spin deductions are having so much of an effect on how people are scoring. It is very frustrating, and I can only imagine how the casual audience there watching feels!

Last edited:

feraina

Record Breaker
Oh, man, usually the layback spins nets her a lot of points, because it's level 4 and high GOE (2-3). If it was really just level one... :no:

Wasn't her PCS (25 something) really low, considering her presentation?