Ladies - SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies - SP

Medusa

Record Breaker
I think her left foot got stuck - good recovery though. I really enjoy that program.

In the replay you really saw the quality of her Flip (despite the slight overrotation), there is basically no prerotation and then completely rotated... Perhaps because of the telegraphing.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
I fell in love with Laura Lepisto today. Just splendid! She must not waste this chance for the title :love:

Kissx3

Final Flight
Interesting competition, thanks for the links. I'd never heard of Ivana Reitmayerova or Irina Movchan before but I'll root for them in the long. They impressed me to a certain point today considering the overall field. Underdog power!

npavel

On the Ice
So sorry for Carolina. I loved her program and than... the lutz.... like Asadas axel last year. The rest was a piece of beauty. She is a fighter. I hope she gets clean tomorrow.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
I REALLY hope that Jenna can sneak in there and least get the bronze. Just think His and Her Bronze Medals :p

By the way I know that Israel sent a Ladies skater but I do not see on the Short Program list, what happened to her?

Medusa

Record Breaker
In the replay it is clear that Glebova's jumps were underrotated, but it is really difficult to spot...

Apparently all of her jumps were downgraded. That's what the German commentators said.

figuristka

Medalist
As i missed some of the earlier skaters iam hoping for a clip of

Katarina GERBOLDT
Ivana REITMAYEROVA
Irina MOVCHAN
and Tugba KARADEMIR

if anyone knows they are put up please let me know thanks:)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
By the way I know that Israel sent a Ladies skater but I do not see on the Short Program list, what happened to her?
She withdrew, but I don't know why. I don't think she skated the warmup, but I'm not sure. It was Jenna Syken, instead of Tamar Katz who I think is injured.

I'm not a huge Jenna MCorkell fan, but I like the his andh ers medals so maybe I'll keep my fingers crossed for her :biggrin:.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Is it me, or was Carolina overated artisticly, at least when it came to choreography? I'm comparing her grades to some of the other skaters (those that I got a chance to see on Eurosport) like Julia Sebstyn or Susanna Pökiö and I can't help feeling that compared to their programs, Carolina's didn't have much choreography. Is it just me?

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
No time to read this thread right now, but I just want to say I am happy for Laura Lepisto; she is the one for whom I have been "rooting" in this ladies competition. I hope she continues in this vein, and does not tighten up in the free skate. She skates so beautifully. :)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Did Susanna Pöykiö get downgrades or low levels? I don't get how such a beautiful program wasn't closer to 60 or even a shade over. Well done to her, and I loved how excited she and her sister were!

I missed Lepistö and thought Carolina Kostner was very fortunate. Between the missed lutz, the iffy flip in the combination and her level 1 spiral sequence (according to Eurosport), I'm not sure how she managed even the score she did. And I happen to like Caro :). As to NatachaHatawa's question - I like Kostner's choreo for this program, it's fun and fits the music. I think she just wasn't selling it well today because the program wasn't really working.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Sounds like a very poor quality short. Only 4 over 50, last year there was 11 skaters scoring more than 50. These ladies are going to stuggle at the worlds.

Hopefully the long will be better, it would nice to see a Finnish victory.

Alicja

On the Ice
Sounds like a very poor quality short. Only 4 over 50, last year there was 11 skaters scoring more than 50. These ladies are going to stuggle at the worlds.

Hopefully the long will be better, it would nice to see a Finnish victory.

I didn't think the quality of performance was bad at all. But many skaters popped jumps and there were soo many downgrades...

Medusa

Record Breaker
I didn't think the quality of performance was bad at all. But many skaters popped jumps and there were soo many downgrades...
I also found it rather enjoyable. Quite diverse, some really beautiful performances from Lepistö, Pöykiö...

Kostner is still the favourite to win this of course - but she needs a relatively good skate. Lepistö is leading, but I just checked the protocols from Skate America and Cup of China and Pöykiö rotated 6 Triples and a 2A in the long program, at both competitions and had the 5th best freeskate. She has all the Triples except for 3A of course, without any underrotation or edge calls so far this season. She also didn't fell at those competitions, she made a lot of minor mistakes on the jumps. Plus her PCS was criminally low.

Her PCS for the short now was already 5 points higher than at the GP-events. If she puts together a clean performance, Kostner doesn't have a large margin of error.

Lepistö only has 3 Triples (well, she landed the Triple Lutz for the first time at NHK - but I won't count on it), she doesn't really has a history of clean LPs, she often manages to do only 3 or 4 Triples overall, her 3-3 fails her in the long more often than in the short, the Loop works at least once each program - but the Salchow is often a double too.

My money is on Kostner of course - and on Pöykiö.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
As to NatachaHatawa's question - I like Kostner's choreo for this program, it's fun and fits the music. I think she just wasn't selling it well today because the program wasn't really working.

OK, thanks. Will try and watch the program again or find a different performance of it.

gio

Medalist
Ladies are struggling. A lot of downgrades. Hope that tommorrow they'll do better.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Yay for Lepisto and Susanna! I hope they will duke it out for the title along with Carolina:love:

Carolina and Joannie really need to work on not making more than one mistake in the short. Yu-Na and Mao mostly make one mistake at most and still score
60+. They shouldn't yield that much cushion in the short if they want to win.