Senior Ladies LP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies LP

kate

On the Ice
If the 3F-3T wasn't downgraded, does that make it the only successful 3-3 of the SP? Maybe there were some successful 3T-3T's? I can't remember. In this case, I'm even more disappointed that the judges didn't give her a little more of a break with the PCS.

Brittney Rizo had a great 3T+3T. I really want to see the protocols (I'm not quite sure why IN isn't publishing them). If Caroline's layback was a level 2 and not a 1 and didn't get some kind of mandatory negative GOE, then I wonder where the points went? The only possible DG in that program was the 3F, which IN seems to imply wasn't DGed. And a wobble on a spiral isn't a big deal at all unless it's on the COE itself (causing the edge change to take longer than 1 second in which case it doesn't count). Almost all of the senior ladies wobble on their spirals.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Interesting. I wonder, because NBC showed the top 10 skaters last year. Now there are 12 in the final two groups. Are they going to show only the final group live, with the SPs during the first hour? Or will they try to cram both groups in, and show the SPs in the afternoon, like last year? I hope the latter. I thought they would have made the final group the one with 5 instead of the first group, to ensure that they all fit in the 2-hr TV block. weird.

kate

On the Ice
I thought they would have made the final group the one with 5 instead of the first group, to ensure that they all fit in the 2-hr TV block. weird.

Well, technically the rule is that the small groups are the first ones, but obviously NBC can convince USFSA to change the rules if they want to. I'm guessing, though, that they wanted to show Ashley Wagner, and in 12th place, she wouldn't be in the penultimate group if either one had 5 skaters.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Oh, thanks...I had no idea that it was a rule that the first group must be the one with 5. Hmm...

TtonyV7

On the Ice
Hmmm,.... I hope NBC will show the final two groups, rather than SP than final 6. Because in this point system, there is a chance (not great) but still a chance for someone like Wagner for example to medal.

cocovica

On the Ice
I found out, that japanese tv J-Sports Plus will be covering live ladies LP (as well as men LP then)...does anyone know how to get to this channel (online stream, justin.tv channel or something? thank a lot in advance...

R.D.

Record Breaker
Looks like NBC plans to show the ladies' SPs in just a little while, so I think we will get both groups live tonight.

Go Alissa! I haven't been this excited about figure skating since Michelle held off a charging Sasha at 2004 U.S. nationals!

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
Looks like NBC plans to show the ladies' SPs in just a little while, so I think we will get both groups live tonight.

I hope so:bow::clap::rock: I want to see the SPs again, but I also wanted to see at least the 2 final flights. There are soo many good skaters and such drama to be had. I cant wait!!!!:yes::rock:

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
Go Alissa! I haven't been this excited about figure skating since Michelle held off a charging Sasha at 2004 U.S. nationals!

I know what you mean:yes: Dont laugh, but I checked to make sure Tivo was recording it since I cant watch til my boyfriend gets off work(In 3 hrs:mad: ), and I heard the opening music and I got goosebumps.:yes::laugh: LOL Its crazy, Im sooo excited to see if Alissa can hold off the charge and see if Caroline, Mirai, Rachel, Bebe or Ashley can get on the podium.

and the 2004 Nationals was VERY exciting :yes:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
we're watching the SPs right now and my 3 year old (almost three) NEICE just said Alissa looked like a princess (but she also called Rockne a boy witch so I'm not sure what she's actually watching lol)

ETA - I forgot to put NEICE in there, I don't have kids of my own!!! :laugh: what a slip up that was!

Last edited:

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
we're watching the SPs right now and my 3 year old (almost three) just said Alissa looked like a princess (but she also called Rockne a boy witch so I'm not sure what she's actually watching lol)

well she does look like a princess:agree:

Im loving the boy witch. :laugh: Maybe its his wild hair, and Im assuming he was wearing black, so that may have something to do with it. Too cute:laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
nope a red top... he had a very serious look on his face so I guess that might be why... she thought he was going to eat Keana (and they hadn't even started skating - hadn't even gotten on the ice! - yet)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
she's definitely got an imagination... and she just spun herself into the wall... gotta go play doctor to the bump *facepalm* my aunt (her g'ma) says it's my fault because Haille is trying to skate in the living room
I got blamed for Duane's multiple bloody noses when he was four and five and trying to do 'tipple toes' out in the yard...

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
she's definitely got an imagination... and she just spun herself into the wall... gotta go play doctor to the bump *facepalm* my aunt (her g'ma) says it's my fault because Haille is trying to skate in the living room

Keep her away from the hard wood floor hallways. I guess I tried skating when I was tiny too. I had my socks on and wood slide and jump on the slick hard wood in the hallways and busted my head open. LOL Thankfully I havent repeated that move on the ice now, or in a hallway for that matter:laugh:

kate

On the Ice

Haha, I definitely did "pairs lifts" with the kids I babysit (then 3) when we watched 2006 worlds together. Three years later and they're both in skating lessons :laugh:.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Duane took skating lessons... Haille wants to take them only because she saw an old Mickey Mouse club video with a skating champion (male, no idea who it was!) and she thought it looked like fun..

she's still skating in the living room. :laugh:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
we're watching the SPs right now and my 3 year old (almost three) NEICE just said Alissa looked like a princess (but she also called Rockne a boy witch so I'm not sure what she's actually watching lol)

ETA - I forgot to put NEICE in there, I don't have kids of my own!!! :laugh: what a slip up that was!

When I read your post I said to myself I did not know that Toni had 3 year old child. LOL I know how it is with nieces and nephews ( I have tons) the things they say are so funny. Your niece sounds like a cutie.