Senior Ladies LP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies LP

Wrlmy

Medalist
Ashley was relatively clean with good presentation. She needs secure landing ASAP.

emma

Record Breaker
Ashley really fought for this program. I like it. I feel badly she didn't do better in the short - she is a real power house. Nice and somewhat different colors on her dress - like browns and bronzes. i hope she is happy, because she really does look like a better skater - so even if she ends up lower than last year, she has really come so far. :rock::rock:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Ashley tore up the ice. 6 triples, 5 in combo. One may have been 2 triples one after the other, not sure. 2 axel, looked good. No falls. Audience liked it, she looked pleased. Pumped her fist with joy. :biggrin:

Weird looking dress.

1st place !!!!!!!!!!!

Sdongxie

On the Ice
It seems that Angela did have a great skate from the scores... What a pity I can't watch that...

champs

Final Flight
Just had a chance to watch K&C for Ahsley, not a bad score at all, she must have fought through her skate.
Maybe not enough to be in 2nd or 1st overall at the end of the comp, but still good for her to be able to come back after that SP..

champs

Final Flight
Wow wonderful! I thoroughly enjoyed Lanie Diggs!

Frank Carroll was saying to her at the K&C "what a difference from last year".

Last edited:

brightphoton

Medalist
Wow Ashley!!! 6 triples, 5 in combo! She's fantastic!!! I really, really hope that LP makes up for her SP, she makes the Worlds team.

Oh, Bebe. I feel for her. She's been trying for so long. I once saw a documentary called Ice Diaries, and she said she was taking online courses. I thought she stopped going to normal high school, but I didn't know she dropped out of school in 6 grade. It's going to be tough to either keep going and hope for 2014 or go to normal college.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Laney, 5 triples, 3 in combo, 3 double axels ??. No falls or step-outs that I saw. Nice spiral. Very happy, seemed to be almost crying at the end.

We seem to have lots of talent in the pipeline, but that's not where we need it right now.

champs

Final Flight
Wow Ashley!!! 6 triples, 5 in combo! She's fantastic!!! I really, really hope that LP makes up for her SP, she makes the Worlds team.

That's my wish too, but then I also hope everyone coming up later will skate their best too, it's a tough feeling.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Aside from a fall and a few messups, I liked Kristine!
I'd never paid any attention to her until yesterday, and I'm now a fan:)

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Kristine, 6 triples, 3 in combo, an axel, step out on loop and axel, fall on a flip. Nice footwork. Seems content but not thrilled.

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty
My thoughts so far: Bebe was a train wreck. Her head just is not in the game at all. Too bad, because I love her power and her spunk. Alexe was a lot of fun, I LOVE her jumps, so big without looking like they took every last ounce of energy she had. Hope she gets Jr. Worlds. Ashley was gorgeous. A few small problems but she had great speed and attack. I know most seem to hate her dress, but I actually really like it. She is beautiful. Laney Diggs, solid enough but kind of bland. I assume she got some downgrades, at least a few of her jumps looked UR to me. Kristine is beautiful. Wish she had completed more jumps, but she's still great to watch, another one with wonderful power. Joelle is on now, she's OK but looks noticeably slower than the other ladies so far. Kind of a generic program, not much personality. I do admire her for sticking with the sport so long, how many other skaters would keep with it for so long after not making it to Nationals year after year after year? Expect some downgrades on the jumps but at least she stayed on her feet.