Zamboni good luck thread | Golden Skate

Zamboni good luck thread

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I just want to wish the Zamboni machine good luck! We're counting on you to do your job well! I sure hope you're gonna read this because I'm pouring my heart out to you in public--so don't let me down!:D :love:

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
So, if there are nicks in the ice, don't take it personally, just figure that the zamboni didn't have time to view the good luck thread on GS.

Gimme a ZAM

ZAM!

Gimme a BONE

BONE!!

Gimme an E

EEEEE!!!

Wudda ya got?

ZAM - BONE - EEEEEEEEE!!!!

Last edited:
I think the Madison Square Garden Zamboni has been totally overhyped. Okay, yeah, his edges are secure, but talk about skating on the flat! And speed, what speed? And what a truly pitiful spiral. I think MSG Zamboni is just a big show-off, taking up all that space on the rink, expecting applasue just for doing the basics, doing the same program year in and year out, and I have NEVER been moved by MSG Zamboni's skating. IMO, MSG Zamboni is resting on his laurels and not flooding the ice from his heart. MSG Zamboni just wants attention. Me, I prefer mature, lyrical Zambonis, such as the Nassau Coliseum Zamboni. Now the NC Zamboni has heart!

Still, I wish MSG Zamboni well. Hopefully with the right coach, MSG Zamboni will become an artist on the ice instead of just a technician.
Rgirl

Zambonis don't get no respect. Some rude fans even take a rest room break right in the middle of the performance. The only time the loyal Zamboni even gets noticed is when it makes a mistake (those insecure edges again!) Like at the Hershey's Classic last year, where the Zam carved out a big hole in the ice which the skaters who followed then had to skate around (AP almost fell in -- this is true, LOL.)

Mathman

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Rgirl said:
I think the Madison Square Garden Zamboni has been totally overhyped. Okay, yeah, his edges are secure, but talk about skating on the flat! And speed, what speed? And what a truly pitiful spiral. I think MSG Zamboni is just a big show-off, taking up all that space on the rink, expecting applasue just for doing the basics, doing the same program year in and year out, and I have NEVER been moved by MSG Zamboni's skating. IMO, MSG Zamboni is resting on his laurels and not flooding the ice from his heart. MSG Zamboni just wants attention. Me, I prefer mature, lyrical Zambonis, such as the Nassau Coliseum Zamboni. Now the NC Zamboni has heart!

Still, I wish MSG Zamboni well. Hopefully with the right coach, MSG Zamboni will become an artist on the ice instead of just a technician.
Rgirl

Well, I never! The nerve of some posters ragging on MY favorite Zamboni. I want you to know that the MSG Zamboni can compete with the best of them--whether you believe it or not, he is GOLD MEDAL material. The way he glides across the ice... it just brings tears to my eyes! You just watch, we'll see who kicks some major butt at Campbell's... you... you... Zamboni critic!

Zamboni, if you're reading this (and I'm sure you are, as all competitors read our good wishes, don't they?), I'm rooting for you!

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/images/avatars/zamboni.gif

Last edited:
RealtorGal said:
Well, I never! The nerve of some posters ragging on MY favorite Zamboni. I want you to know that the MSG Zamboni can compete with the best of them--whether you believe it or not, he is GOLD MEDAL material. The way he glides across the ice... it just brings tears to my eyes! You just watch, we'll see who kicks some major butt at Campbell's... you... you... Zamboni critic!

Rgal,
Oh, hear we go. People accusing me of being an MSG Zamboni Hater. Look, I'm just pointing out the things in MSG Zamboni's work that I think are weak. If/when MSG Zamboni improves in these areas, I'll be the first one to congratulate him for doing so. Until then, I have to be true to myself and say that no matter how many fans MSG Zamboni has, I think he needs to improve in certain areas. For my money, Nassau Coliseum Zamboni beats MSG Zamboni every time. People may prefer MSG Zamboni's style, but I think NC Zamboni is the TOTAL ZAMBONI!
Rgirl

JOHIO2

Medalist
Here's hoping the ice machine, whatever kind, actually makes ice and not the puddles in the corner they had at last year's event. I kept waiting for a bad wipeout!

Rather have good ice and good skates, anytime!

NorthernLite

On the Ice
Well, my heart is still with this Zamboni

Boola Boola

But I'd like to give a shout-out to the one from Onyx. In the same way the Zam above was underappreciated earlier in its ice-making days, the Onyx model also shows great potential clean up out there. (Both are consistently determined to do a good job on the ice.)

Of course, like many people, I'm concerned that the IZU (International Zamboni Union) is making things worse for Zambonis.

But I wish good luck to all Zams. Make sure you get good tuneups, eat the right fuels, and find a quiet corner to park in each night. It's a long season, and the ice is slippery.

skatepixie

On the Ice
You know, I used to think MSG Zam was a total hottie. Now, I wonder, I mean, I never see him with a girlfriend. Could he be...um...gay?

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
skatepixie said:
You know, I used to think MSG Zam was a total hottie. Now, I wonder, I mean, I never see him with a girlfriend. Could he be...um...gay?

HEY! There is NO NEED to start spreading rumors about my beloved Zamboni! Did it ever occur to you that MSG Zamboni is concentrating on his career and doesn't have TIME for a girlfriend? Geesh!

Gardenkitty

Rinkside
When I was at Worlds, some Canadians next to me criticized the zamboni driver for being underdressed. They said their zamboni driver always wore a tux. Personally, I hate it when the good sport of zamboni driving becomes some sort of beauty contest. Whatever the zamboni driver at MSG is wearing is fine with me, as long as there isn't a lot of fake flesh on it!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
Did it ever occur to you that MSG Zamboni is concentrating on his career and doesn't have TIME for a girlfriend? [/B]

Excuse me for being picky, but who exactly determines MSG Zamboni's gender. I believe we have all been a bit too hasty in making this determination. Now, I am sure there are both male and female Zambonis out there (they do after all have to procreate, right?), but how do we know what the MSG Z is? Just because it is nice and stong does not make it a male! Shame on all who fail to recognize the softer feminine side of the MSG G!!!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Ptichka said:

Excuse me for being picky, but who exactly determines MSG Zamboni's gender. I believe we have all been a bit too hasty in making this determination. Now, I am sure there are both male and female Zambonis out there (they do after all have to procreate, right?), but how do we know what the MSG Z is? Just because it is nice and stong does not make it a male! Shame on all who fail to recognize the softer feminine side of the MSG G!!!

MSG Zamboni is definitely a HE. I read it in "The National Enquirer." Could there be a more definitive source of accurate information?:D

ladybug

On the Ice
RealtorGal said:
MSG Zamboni is definitely a HE. I read it in "The National Enquirer." Could there be a more definitive source of accurate information?:D

Of course....The World Weekly ......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Blade1

On the Ice
If my memory stands correctly, during 2002 Canadian Nationals, I do believe the zamboni driver even got in the "spotlight" and was applauded while he graciously bowed for all his dedication on the ice. He was even all decked out in a tux - bowtie and all.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I think that the Nassau Coliseum Zamboni was held up on the presentation mark last year, and will not fare well under CoP. The NJ Meadowlands Zamboni should get major -2's for all of those underrotated turns, not to mention the sliver of ice he always misses, which is a mandatory -3 for step sequence.

The Madison Square Garden Zamboni is a classic, and with his well-balanced program and perfect turns, will score brilliantly under CoP.