2009 Skate America - Lake Placid | Golden Skate

2009 Skate America - Lake Placid

sillylionlove

Medalist
Skate America 2009 location announced

It has just been announced that Skate America 2009 will be held in Lake Placid, NY!!!!

I will definitly be going!!

More info can be found on the usfsa.org website!!

sillylionlove

Medalist
Just wish the website had more information about the tickets....such as do the all event tickets come with practice passes?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
November 12 to 15th from the article!

I might manage to make it. I'll talk my VT friends in:clap: to putting me up and trek over and back.

gourry

Final Flight
Nearer than Everett but still quite far from where I am...
I secretly wished it would be somewhere in GA. Is it too much to wish?:frown:
If I start saving money from now, maybe, just maybe...

sillylionlove

Medalist
I called the box office to get more ticket information. If anyone is interested, PM me and I will let you know the info that I found out.

Lake Placid is a small town with a small airport. Difficult to get to even from NYC - 6 hour drive if no traffic from the Big Apple. This is where I appreciate icenetwork.

I'm waiting for the SA to be in Ft. Lauderdale, the Nationals in San Diego and the Worlds in Maui. No heavy clothing to pack anywhere.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
it's about 3 hour drive from Albany, or one could fly into Montreal - I assume about 3 hours from there as well. But the border crossing from Montreal to NY is a pain. I think nearby VT airports may be an option too.

There may even be a bus service from ALB to Lake Placid, I recall seeing something in the airport.

I highly recommend to visit Lake Placid. Adirondacks are gorgeous, so peaceful and quiet.. you can get a great vacation out of it. The foliage will most likely be gone by November though.

sillylionlove

Medalist
I will most likely be driving to upstate NY from NJ and staying overnight in the vacation home and then driving the three hours or so up to Lake Placid. But we are planning on staying for a week so we will most likely be coming in the Sunday before the competition. But this is all just in the planning stages right now.

LeCygne

Final Flight
That weekend is my birthday...which makes it way too late for Skate America. Usually it's TEB that's the week of my birthday. Doesn't GP usually start in October?

But anyway, this would be the perfect present...If only it wasn't 5 hours away... But considering I missed Hartford in 2006 (freaking 30 minutes away!!), I really don't want to miss this.

EDIT: Oooh wait, Skate America is 5th out of 6 GP's instead of 1st next year. Interesting...

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I would like some info about the location, travel, logistics etc. from people that have been there. Looks I could fly in to Albany, for instance, from Spokane, and rent a car for a week for under $300. Looks like there are a number of motels in the area of Lake Placid that are reasonably priced. Is the arena nice? No hockey puck shields and nets, I hope, like Pacific sectionals.....

tilak

On the Ice
I live in central upstate NY but Lake Placid is still 4 hrs away. I'm considering looking into bus transportation, if not I will drive. The weather could be rather nasty mid November, though I was really hoping that Skate America 2009 would be in Lake Placid :clap:!