4CC on TV | Page 11 | Golden Skate

4CC on TV

beep_beep

Medalist
Radio-canada, Men's LP
The four stages of mourning :biggrin:

Group 1: Anger: they're not showing it ?! how can they do this to us !

Group 2: Denial: ok, they're not showing it now because it's not worth it, but they'll definetively show the last group...

Group 3: Depression (?? is it this one?): Hopeless to see anything, took a nap...

Group 4: Acceptance: It's a sunny, hot day here. I went out for some cold ones. There are great pbp and comments, I'll read them later. And youtubes, of course.

(Ok, if the youtube thing fails, i'm going through all this again...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe next time we need to have this discussion via PM or secret code so as not to tip off the all-seeing all-powerful IN with its far-reaching tentacles.

figuristka

Medalist
Exactly at first i kept thinking its going to work eventally and kept re checking. It was a bit disappointing. Hope IN didnt have anything to do with it. I feel those places that charge money to watch online are hurting the sport. If they put these more major events on tv live i think it would be alot more helpful to the sport.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
If they put these more major events on tv live i think it would be alot more helpful to the sport.

TV companies don't show sports to be helpful. They show what viewers will pay for and PR companies will advertise in. Calculating against what it costs to get the rights. Maybe we in Europe should put a pressure on Eurosport.

As for IN, it seemed like a lot of you had major problems with using it? Not encouriging to pay for that.

Canada-Radio was GREAT as long as it lasted:rock::no::cry:

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
Radio-canada, Men's LP
The four stages of mourning :biggrin:

Group 1: Anger: they're not showing it ?! how can they do this to us !

Group 2: Denial: ok, they're not showing it now because it's not worth it, but they'll definetively show the last group...

Group 3: Depression (?? is it this one?): Hopeless to see anything, took a nap...

Group 4: Acceptance: It's a sunny, hot day here. I went out for some cold ones. There are great pbp and comments, I'll read them later. And youtubes, of course.

(Ok, if the youtube thing fails, i'm going through all this again...)

absolutely great :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

figuristka

Medalist
I would be happy if we could just access live or taped coverage of these events online. Such as CBC shows inside of Canada. Maybe its a little frustrating as i had lived in Canada just recently and watching those things were not a problem. Radio Canada was great while it was on. IN i would consider for next season if i was not in Canada yet, though i too have heard its not always working very well. I do appreciate those who put up videos of skaters for those who were not able to watch. I would only hope many are not removed.

beep_beep

Medalist
Hey, folks

RC has it on demand !!
http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/Patinage/#

Lower on the page there is a video player and under it there are the options. Click on the plus sign under Patinage and it will give you the days, click on the arrows and voilà.

So far I only found highlight performances (including Men LP), but I'll explore some more to see if I can find the full events