4CC on TV | Page 2 | Golden Skate

4CC on TV

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Wasn't IN planning to show 4CC's, at least on demand? Not that that helps anyone outside the US, because it doesn't even eventually show up on youtube. In fact, it keeps the Canadian vids off youtube.

herios

Medalist
Yes. Radio Canada rocks! Not just figure skating, everything else. I was able to listen to online streaming of premiere chain radio (275-allo) from Korea.

thanks, now I have to ask myself why CBC english is protective and the french folks aren't...

I have no choice but to watch it on Icenetwork. My problem with IN is that for LIVE broadcasting it doesn't work well. Too many stops and goes, etc. But the On Demand is so much better.

~tapdancer

On the Ice
Wasn't IN planning to show 4CC's, at least on demand? Not that that helps anyone outside the US, because it doesn't even eventually show up on youtube. In fact, it keeps the Canadian vids off youtube.

IN is showing it live. Not sure what the times will like. I'm sure I'll be catching the ondemand if the times don't work for me.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
The live stream didn't work for the ladies short. Then it took a day and a half to get the video up. Then another day or so for it to actually work. :eek:hwell:

MissCleo

On the Ice
I have no choice but to watch it on Icenetwork. My problem with IN is that for LIVE broadcasting it doesn't work well. Too many stops and goes, etc. But the On Demand is so much better.

I watched most of the Grand Prix series live this year, and it wasn't too bad. I don't know what their problem was during US Nationals.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
I have seen on YouTube some clips about 4CC taken from SBS (a Korean channel) HD broadcast, for example, this one: http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=fcb165tws6A

I am not sure, but it seems that there is only one SBS channel and that there it is: http://www.sbs.co.kr/

So I wonder if they will broadcast again the 4CC... They have a livestream on their site although the registration is required and it seems to be a complicated one. Also it's possible to watch this channel through a program called TVAnts. I tried it and it worked ok.

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
IN is showing it live. Not sure what the times will like. I'm sure I'll be catching the ondemand if the times don't work for me.

At this time there is no place on IN website that states they will stream 4CC live. Just OnDemand!

I watched most of the Grand Prix series live this year, and it wasn't too bad. I don't know what their problem was during US Nationals.
I was at Cleveland so I didn't watch IN. I was talking about the GP series that some of them had very bad reception like a skater takes off on a jump and then one sees the landing. The air turns are caught in a computer error.

Did they show Joshua Farris in Novice Mens? He's that kid (14years old) that is doing several triiple jumps and for spins he does a perfect Bielman.

Novices are up on IN ondemand.

BTW, here's Joshua Farris at Liberty this summer. We were impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEhbP2SRkyU
I did see that when searching for On Demand. Do check him out 'on demand'. I don't like his braggadocia approach to skating but then again he is only 14 It's uncanny that he has so much flow and posture at such a young age not to mention the triples. Big contender for 2014?

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
This child really knows what he is doing on the ice. Good basic skills, jumps, spins and at real attempt at footwork. Nice use of arms also. Yes Joe, 2014. Thanks for the link, Doris.

AnnikinSolo

Rinkside
CBC is streaming the whole event live. :clap:

Do you know this for sure? There is one Canada-based VPN server that I can try to circumvent the geo-restrictions, but I would like to know for sure that the CBC web site will be streaming it online before I pitch out $15 for a months service to this Canadian VPN site.

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
IceNetwork is working through some details and hopes to have an announcement soon on possibly streaming 4CC live. We can hope.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
I have seen on YouTube some clips about 4CC taken from SBS (a Korean channel) HD broadcast, for example, this one: http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=fcb165tws6A

I am not sure, but it seems that there is only one SBS channel and that there it is: http://www.sbs.co.kr/

So I wonder if they will broadcast again the 4CC... They have a livestream on their site although the registration is required and it seems to be a complicated one. Also it's possible to watch this channel through a program called TVAnts. I tried it and it worked ok.

CCTV5 is showing most of the events, but I don't know if live or not.
(So the question is: to sleep or not to sleep? :think: )

Last edited:

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
Do you know this for sure? There is one Canada-based VPN server that I can try to circumvent the geo-restrictions, but I would like to know for sure that the CBC web site will be streaming it online before I pitch out $15 for a months service to this Canadian VPN site.

It's on their schedule and it's been there since the summer. They've shown everything else this season except Euros and we have medal contenders in every event, so they will show it to build hype towards the Olys next year. You can see the schedule here.

AnnikinSolo

Rinkside
How can we kidnap it? :unsure: :laugh:
CBC streaming is not available for Europe :frown:

Simple, use a VPN in Canada. I am not going to post any URLs here (so CBC will not find them and block them). You will appear to have a Canadian IP, and their servers will let you have the stream. I have already pruchased my subscription to one Canadian VPN, but if you look around, you might find what you are looking for.

trains

On the Ice
CBC's sister station Bold TV (in Canada) is showing the whole competition live. They show every skater and the warm ups, just as they did for the Canadian Championships. They begin on Wednesday at 1pm Vancouver time (4pm in eastern Canada).
Bold will also have the same coverage of Worlds.