MEN'S LP and the CHAMPIONSHIP | Golden Skate

MEN'S LP and the CHAMPIONSHIP

It should be a humdinger. Can Johnny pull up to podium? Can Evan's Rhapsody in Blue keep him on the podium? Can Jeremy hold on to gold?
And who could be the upstart? Parker?

Snowgirl

On the Ice
Johnny should join the comeback trend this week!
Ponsero from 9th to 4th
Wagner from 12th to 4th
Leonova from 11th to 4th

Though, Johnny need better than 4th, but he is higher than 9th, 11th or 12th. He can do it and I believe he will.

centerpt1

On the Ice
Hope all the guys skate their best. I'm really looking forward to it.

Here's hoping Johnny feels better and pulls himself up.

Is Abbott sick, too? In the interview after the SP he coughed and sounded hoarse.

jennylovskt

Medalist
Cross my fingers and pray that Jeremy could hold up and finally win the gold, Johnny has a great chance to medal. We'll see in this afternoon.

life684

Final Flight
Johnny should join the comeback trend this week!
Ponsero from 9th to 4th
Wagner from 12th to 4th
Leonova from 11th to 4th

Though, Johnny need better than 4th, but he is higher than 9th, 11th or 12th. He can do it and I believe he will.

Who is shaun rogers (10th).. it seems it is his number for 4 th place :)

Kathleen

Rinkside
GO JOHNNY!!

I really hope he skates well today.......

I'm totally over Evan......hope Jeremy skates well too!

lmarie086

Medalist
I think Jeremy's LP has better choreography than Evan's (or at least the last version, has he changed it at all?) and if he skates the way he did at GPF, it's in the bag I think. I'd really, really like to see him win it.

I'm hoping both Johnny and Adam pull up in the LP. And in the case of Adam I thought he was a bit undermarked. I know he missed the 3A but everything else was spot on, he was cleaner than Carriere.

life684

Final Flight
i just observed the protocol and it has Evan Lysacek with level 4 for his circular step sequence. I did not watch the sp and was wondering whether the steps was that difficult (hope someone can tell me where i can watch it, pls dont tell ice network )

lmarie086

Medalist
I saw three of the skaters, I thought Tommy Steenberg was wonderful. His LP is well choreographed.

Right now they have the Scholastic Honors award ceremony and I have to note, I think Rachael looks really pretty with her hair down.

shine

Record Breaker
I'm getting sooo nervous for Jeremy. If being in first place after the SP and skating last in the LP, he can still deliver a decent LP, it will be a further indication that he has really found confidence and consistency this year, and that nothing in the world is unconquerable for him! Go Jeremy!!!!

lmarie086

Medalist
Crap I don't think I'll be able to watch!!

Maybe I can get to a tv at least in time for Jeremy...he's last right?

May pigs keep flying!

ETA: Shaba, I think it starts up again at 4:00, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

terpskate4ever

Rinkside
Maybe I can get to a tv at least in time for Jeremy...he's last right?

Yup, he is.

Here is the link to the Live Results Details page- http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/34540/results.html

ETA: Shaba, I think it starts up again at 4:00, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

It has already restarted I think.

Here are the current results-

1 Tommy Steenberg, SC of Northern Virginia 125.22
2 Eliot Halverson, Ann Arbor FSC 120.05 64.
3 Douglas Razzano, Coyotes SC of Arizona 107.14
4 Jonathan Cassar, Detroit SC 95.38
5 William Brewster, Detroit SC 92.57
6 Jason Wong, SC of Boston 77.33

I think Adam is coming up next.

Last edited: