MEN'S LP and the CHAMPIONSHIP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

MEN'S LP and the CHAMPIONSHIP

Kutien

Final Flight
6 Dennis Phan, All Year FSC 114.14 56.86 58.28 6.25 5.54 5.82 5.89 5.64 1.00 #12
5 Dennis Phan, All Year FSC 183.25 9 6

feraina

Record Breaker
So heartbroken for Johnny! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I want some live skating, but it's such a pleasure to see Jeremy's SP on TV. He looks great! He nearly brought me to tears with that performance. Go Jeremy, I hope you take home the gold! :clap: :clap: :clap:

turtle

On the Ice
Jeremy is brilliant. He's beautiful to watch and his jumps were so pure and secure. Just love him.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Is Johnny sick or injuired, because he was just at the grand prix final and took home the bronze.

I am guessing that he his going to go home, dry his eyes and apply for a bid on the ground of being the regining world's bronze medalist and grand prix final bronze medalist, and if the US wants three spots for Vancouver, I have a feeling they will send him.

herios

Medalist
So heartbroken for Johnny! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I want some live skating, but it's such a pleasure to see Jeremy's SP on TV. He looks great! He nearly brought me to tears with that performance. Go Jeremy, I hope you take home the gold! :clap: :clap: :clap:

You know, as a Canadian. I'm his biggest fan, despite our SuperChan. He moves me to tears too:)

screech

Final Flight
Sad for Johnny - I'm not his biggest fan but since he's been with Galina he doesn't bore me anymore. I wanted him to pull up and am sad for him.

I may be the odd one out but I'm nowhere near on the Jeremy bandwagon yet. I don't see anything that spectacular in him (though yes, he's incredibly talented) but I'm not there yet. I hope he proves me wrong, though.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
No, they don't need him. Jeremy and Evan are good enough to secure three spots for the US.

Trust me they do, and what of G-d forbid Jeremy bombs in his words debuet and Evan lately has fallen from the good graces of judges, while Johnny hasn't. If the USFSA is smart they will send Johnny, which they will.

lmarie086

Medalist
Sad for Johnny - I'm not his biggest fan but since he's been with Galina he doesn't bore me anymore. I wanted him to pull up and am sad for him.

I'm the exact opposite. Ever since he went to Galina his programs have been nowhere near as exciting. Sure he was more consistent last year, but his stamina problems have continued, and his programs this season do nothing for him.

I wish he had done better here. I'll always be a fan, I'm disappointed for him. Hopefully this will light a fire under him and he'll come back better than ever next season.

Oh and I hope he starts feeling better! It seems like he hasn't been healthy at all since before NHK, so that makes matters worse. Poor Johnny = [

herios

Medalist
I may be the odd one out but I'm nowhere near on the Jeremy bandwagon yet. I don't see anything that spectacular in him (though yes said:
What the heck are you talking about? I have never seen someone going into his 3 axel on one foot footwork and getting out on one foot as well right into footwork. That is unique and incredibly difficult, while the majority of the men are still struggling with their 3 axel

Alicja

On the Ice
Trust me they do, and what of G-d forbid Jeremy bombs in his words debuet and Evan lately has fallen from the good graces of judges, while Johnny hasn't. If the USFSA is smart they will send Johnny, which they will.

Jeremy went to Göteborg last year. It wouldn't be his debut.

megsy

Rinkside
What the heck are you talking about? I have never seen someone going into his 3 axel on one foot footwork and getting out on one foot as well right into footwork. That is unique and incredibly difficult, while the majority of the men are still struggling with their 3 axel
Mao Asada does brackets going into her 3axel in Czardas...

Kikigirl

Rinkside

Jeremy went to Worlds last year. That was his Worlds debut. He didn't do too badly either.

screech

Final Flight

I did say he was talented, just that I'm not on the Jeremy bandwagon and don't find his overall skating to be as spectacular as he's being made out to be. That's just me and I'm entitled to have my own opinion, just as the Jeremy gushers are.

Kutien

Final Flight
Jeremy Abbott, Broadmoor SC
11 2008 World Championships

Johnny Weir, SC of New York
3 2008 World Championships

taylorfax

On the Ice
No, they don't need him. Jeremy and Evan are good enough to secure three spots for the US.
Oh hell yes they do. And how. I'm kind of torn now. I'm torn between thinking.. jesus, World team without Johnny equals tragedy because they will not get those damn three spots and make it harder for EVERYONE next season. It's kind of like a carwreck, I want to look away. Jeremy, despite doing fabulously on the GP circuit this year, has not made the top 10 at Worlds before, and Evan... his jumps tend to get downgraded by the international panel as we've seen happen this season already.
But I'm torn because... I think Johnny needs to rest, sheesh. For next season. And just for his health. I just don't know.

I knew he didn't have enough time after the GPF and the illness, there just wasn't enough time.