Thread: Worlds team for France

On the Ice

Worlds team for France

So I posted this question in the Euros forum, but I think it might actually be more appropriate here:

Do we have any official word yet on which French man is going to Worlds? Weren't they using Euros to decide?

practice makes perfect victoria90's Avatar
    Well, I don't really know the official World team, but I was reading an article on L'Equipe about the Men World team that said it was posible that Alban wouldn't make it. And I have to agree. He's been more consistent that Yannick but he doesn't get high scores. On the other hand, Yannick does get them when he does well but he has complete meltdowns now and then (like his SP at Euros). But even with the disaster of a short program he had, he placed higher than Alban, which makes me believe the World team is going to be Brian and Yannick.

On the Ice
    Okeydokey, but anyone who claims Préaubert is lacking in artistic expression (assuming my cursory translation is correct) is a fool.

practice makes perfect victoria90's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bottlestreet View Post
    Okeydokey, but anyone who claims Préaubert is lacking in artistic expression (assuming my cursory translation is correct) is a fool.
    Totally agree with you. I mean, Alban lacking in artistic expression? He's one of the best performers out there! You can tell me he lacks in technical things but in interpretation? Please...

FFSG has made its choices for Worlds:

Men: Joubert and Ponsero
    Alban and Florent Amodio are alternates.

Ladies: Candice Didier
    Gwendolyn Didier is the alternate

Pairs: they'll have a test for the two pairs from Europeans.

Dance
    : DelSchoe, P/B, C/J
    Alternates: B/B and Findlay/Richaud

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Men: Joubert and Ponsero
    Alban and Florent Amodio are alternates.
    Aw, poor Alban... But the choice was expected. Brian and Yannick will do great!!

Tripping on the Podium
    Thank you Buttercup for this information

Joubert and Ponsero, that´s a good decision

And also fair

Joubert and Ponsero - they went for the risky decision! Hopefully Alban doesn't sue, they tend to do that in France. But he really has no reasons to sue, 3rd place at Nationals, behind Ponsero at Europeans...

I really hope that Yannick can keep it together. I think I need to do a Yannick-banner.

Hey, make me one too Medusa! Yannick is my new love this season. I hope he can perform his best at Worlds. And place better than Joubert.

I really am sorry for Alban though. I realle really like his programs this year, and he performs them great. Brian and Yannick better get them three spots next year, or else!

Brian is once again working on his spins. Good boy!

Icenetwork

"As it is a month before worlds, we cannot change too much," said Lucinda, "Yet we have been working very hard on centering, speed, clearer positions and nicer lines. Brian is great to work with, a pure athlete, very hard-working, a quick and eager learner, powerful, dedicated and has the fire in his eye."

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Brian told Lucinda that he finds spinning more tiring than quads.

"He would rather do quads the whole session than a few spins. People tend to underestimate the difficulty of strength and stamina that great spins require. Our work together has already shown big improvement, and I am confident that he will produce great new results in Los Angeles."
    It's great to see that Joubert acknowledges how difficult great spinning is to do, even more difficult to him than quad jumps. He couldn't have a better spin doctor than Lucinda Ruh, I suppose. I really hope he and Ponsero can both do well and combine to ensure France 3 spots for next season. Allez Brian and Yannick!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    That's great news! I always like to see the top teams and skaters work on their weaknesses.

Actually Joubert has beautiful camel positions which is rare in Men's skating. Most of them just make the free leg parallel to the ice. I guess that's the minimum place for the free leg. Joubert has knee turned out and toe pointing above his head, and the arch in his back is perfect. Stephane could ask him for some pointers.

Problem with Brian is when he does some 'Kurt' choreography (which he does well, btw), he loses some Tech so it is better he uses a simple one-two kind of music.

I still think of him as the Front Runner. He's the one Nobunari and Jeremy have to beat, and they should be wary of Yannik.