Charlie White and Johnny Weir and their fans | Golden Skate

Charlie White and Johnny Weir and their fans

Why can not fans see any faults in these two young men? One hears so much and reads so much about Charly but not about Merryl. One hears so much concern over Johnny when he is not at his best.

Eevun

Final Flight
These sensitive boys have the power to capture the most passionate souls ;)

Because of their hair?

I don't know about Charlie, but because Johnny is unique and different, and is not afraid to show who he really is.

jennylovskt

Medalist
I am not a Charlie White's fan. About Johnny, some fans cannot see his faults, not all the fans. I have found enough faults from him, too many. But I still like him.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Because of their hair?

I don't know about Charlie, but because Johnny is unique and different, and is not afraid to show who he really is.

Spun - you might have a point on the hair... I swear bad haircuts don't need gel... and while his skating was awesome Jeremy's hair is like 80s 40 year old housewife Wal Mart hair... Ok. that was shallow even for me. :laugh::laugh:

Eevun

Final Flight
Spun - you might have a point on the hair... I swear bad haircuts don't need gel... and while his skating was awesome Jeremy's hair is like 80s 40 year old housewife Wal Mart hair... Ok. that was shallow even for me. :laugh::laugh:
Taking about bad hair cuts, this must be the most unflattering photo of Johnny EVER :eek:

Penny

On the Ice
Charlie has charisma (and lots and lots of curly blonde hair). Actually, I've seen pictures of his younger self with straight dark hair. Hmmm. Anyway, the contrast between his curly blonde all-American look and Meryl's lovely "exotic" look--not to mention their superb skating skills--gives them a lot of charisma on the ice--charisma that Tanith and Ben have never had.

I wish Johnny would stop with the black hair dye.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ben and Tanith have a great charisma... to each their own! :)

and I also believed Johnny to have brown hair... has he been dying it? I haven't noticed :laugh:

sillylionlove

Medalist
After looking at that picture again...and finially stopping laughing...I have two things to say

1. I sure hope that Johnny doens't pay alot to get his hair done like that. What a waste of money.

2. I am pretty sure that the mullet went out in the late 80's. Late time I checked the calander it was 2009!!!

taylorfax

On the Ice
Why? Animal magnetism. Blinds all the faults. :cool:
*has a laughing fit*

Anyway, yeah... Johnny's natural hair colour is dark brown, I think. Of course the older he got, the darker it got? I kind of miss his reddish hair from the Olympic season. I think he looks great in black, but he could dye it lighter too just to keep things interesting, and it would also make his face look more soft.

Eevun

Final Flight
1. I sure hope that Johnny doens't pay alot to get his hair done like that. What a waste of money.
Like he doesn't have money to spend... ;)
But what I can't understand is, why a thick bangs?! :eek: I liked this...

Why? Animal magnetism. Blinds all the faults. :cool:
Ha. Ha. Ha. *ahem* True.

I kind of miss his reddish hair from the Olympic season.
Yes!! :love:

(how this thread turned into a deadly serious Johnny-hairstyle talk, sorry Joe! :laugh: There is something about Johnny, isn't it? He can make you turn your talk from nothing into being a World Problem.)

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
:rofl::rofl: He looks like the short prince from the first shrek film!!
I was actually reminded of Prince Valium in Spaceballs, except darker. And not catatonic :biggrin:.

I liked Johnny but not to any obsessive degree. Charlie White I don't get at all; he's good looking but not in a way I find attractive, and I don't particularly enjoy watching him and Meryl skate. I sometimes get the feeling I'm about the only one here who doesn't - other than Toni, I think.

I was actually reminded of Prince Valium in Spaceballs, except darker. And not catatonic :biggrin:.

I liked Johnny but not to any obsessive degree. Charlie White I don't get at all; he's good looking but not in a way I find attractive, and I don't particularly enjoy watching him and Meryl skate. I sometimes get the feeling I'm about the only one here who doesn't - other than Toni, I think.
Me too! I find Charlie much too aggressive in every dance he skates. It did work with the Polyvetsian dances, and he was brilliant in that facing a tough Russian team using the same music. But, he really should show a softer side when the music calls for it. The sturm und drang styles seems to be levelling off now, thanks to Virtud/Moir. It's nice to be versatile.