4CC Entries | Golden Skate

4CC Entries

The ladies' field is loaded.
Wow, you can say that again! And unlike other years, there is a pretty good chance that most of the top skaters will actually come.

It is downright scary to see that Japan has the #5 and #6 ranked skaters in the world (Ando and Nakano) as alternates. :eek:

For the US skaters it's totally based on the results of the US Nats. Do you really think all those stars (Canadian too) will make a showing at 4CC?

It would be a help for those geared to the Olys to try out the ice and astmosphere.

Many of the nonAmericans will go because many train in the US and Canada. No travel problems.

luvsasha

Final Flight
I'm so excited for this competition!!! so many great ladies and I think Meryl/Charlie have a great shot at the title :clap:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Hmm, I can actually see the US ladies doing well here. The podium will likely go to Asada, Kim, and Rochette, but it's not completely out of the question for a few top 5 finishes...

Well, we might get one lady in the top 5. But will it be a member of our World team ( Alissa, Rachael ), or will it be the scrub? :biggrin:

LeCygne

Final Flight
Well, we might get one lady in the top 5. But will it be a member of our World team ( Alissa, Rachael ), or will it be the scrub? :biggrin:

I would sooo love for it to be Caroline. I wonder if that would make USFSA reconsider...

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
I would sooo love for it to be Caroline. I wonder if that would make USFSA reconsider...

Is it possible that USFSA doesn't send Alissa to Worlds if she doesn't skate well here? Or is she protected by the rule of the selection?

Wrlmy

Medalist
Ladies field is Kostner/Lepistoless worlds! 4CC result may be a good indicator of how ladies will perform in LA.

Is it possible that USFSA doesn't send Alissa to Worlds if she doesn't skate well here? Or is she protected by the rule of the selection?
She is protected by the USFSA by-laws.

And I think Rachael is safe, too, no matter what she does at Four Continents. The USFSA is not going to suddenly yank the rug out from under any of the skaters than have been named to the World team. Just won't happen.

What will happen if Caroline Zhang wins the event, beating Mao, Yuna and everybody :biggrin:-- and the devil in me hopes she will -- is that there will be a big uproar on Internet skating forums. :)

gourry

Final Flight
Ladies from Korea.

26 Hyeon-Jung KIM KOR 10
27 Na-Young KIM KOR 10
28 Yu-Na KIM KOR 10
Chae-Hwa KIM KOR 10 S

...And another Kim in men's field.

22 Min-Seok KIM KOR 10

...The Kims. Sounds like one big family. :biggrin:

Last edited:

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Not just last names. A lot of Korean first names are more or less the same or very similar. When I was at university, I had two other girls in the class of 30 with the same last name (Kim) and first names (Korean equivalent of Mary). To differentiate three of us in the same class, the faculty labeled me Mary Kim A, the second girl Mary Kim B and the third one Mary Kim C. This tops any residential school in Northern Ontario.

gourry

Final Flight
When I was at university, I had two other girls in the class of 30 with the same last name (Kim) and first names (Korean equivalent of Mary). To differentiate three of us in the same class, the faculty labeled me Mary Kim A, the second girl Mary Kim B and the third one Mary Kim C. This tops any residential school in Northern Ontario.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Hi, Mary Kim A!:biggrin:

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
Not just last names. A lot of Korean first names are more or less the same or very similar. When I was at university, I had two other girls in the class of 30 with the same last name (Kim) and first names (Korean equivalent of Mary). To differentiate three of us in the same class, the faculty labeled me Mary Kim A, the second girl Mary Kim B and the third one Mary Kim C. This tops any residential school in Northern Ontario.

In Yu-Na's forum I was explained why a lot of people has this surname in Korea. A bit complicated, but interesting story.

An other question: in 4CC is the starting order set according to ISU ranking?

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Speaking of male skater "Min-seok", "Seok" sounds very similar to English word "suck".

Continuing on my university saga, I went to teacher training on my final year (I was at teacher's college) and was assigned to a class to shadow one of the senior teachers. One of the boys' name in my class was "Bum-seok (first name) You(Last name)". Koreans put their family name first and given name last, so basically this kid was called You Bum-Suck.

Sorry for the distractions, now back to business.

flying camel

Medalist
When do the skaters have to decide if they want to go to 4CC? How much notice do they have to give.?

Last edited:

victoria90

On the Ice
Speaking of male skater "Min-seok", "Seok" sounds very similar to English word "suck".

Continuing on my university saga, I went to teacher training on my final year (I was at teacher's college) and was assigned to a class to shadow one of the senior teachers. One of the boys' name in my class was "Bum-seok (first name) You(Last name)". Koreans put their family name first and given name last, so basically this kid was called You Bum-Suck.

Sorry for the distractions, now back to business.

:rofl::rofl: poor boy!