Practice Schedules | Golden Skate

Practice Schedules

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
If anyone finds a link to the detailed practice schedule, would you please post it here. I'm planning on attending and would like to know when to be at the arena to see just as many practices as I can.

Thanks.

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Thanks for the quick reply npa. We are arriving on Sunday but don't have our tickets yet (we have to go to will-call for our tickets since they would not mail them out of Canada). I hope we have a practice ticket that will get us into the practices on Monday and Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to watching all the many participants. It will be interesting to see the skaters from Australia and South Africa.

npa

Match Penalty
Thanks for the quick reply npa. We are arriving on Sunday but don't have our tickets yet (we have to go to will-call for our tickets since they would not mail them out of Canada). I hope we have a practice ticket that will get us into the practices on Monday and Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to watching all the many participants. It will be interesting to see the skaters from Australia and South Africa.

Good luck! We are waiting pictures and report from you :rock:

yukky

Rinkside

I have already pick up all event tickets package ,yes, it is included practice session ticket for Monday and Tuesday at Pacific Coliseum.

I will leave home Wednesday morning so I can not see practice session I hope you will enjoy it.

herios

Medalist

Also Contreras from Mexic who is now coached by Elvis Stojko:

http://www.ifsmagazine.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1726

Joseph

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I apologize but I'm not taking my computer and don't have a very good camera so I hope someone else shows up that can post some practice reports.

npa

Match Penalty
I apologize but I'm not taking my computer and don't have a very good camera so I hope someone else shows up that can post some practice reports.

OK - have i nice time at 4CC! Maybe you will wright something after competitions

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
According to the schedule, the ladies are practicing today. I hope we will get a few reports. Then again, I'm not sure the practice sessions are open to the public.

Okami

On the Ice
Some practice reports, clips and photos are posted in this thread:
http://maoasada.logu2.com/competiti...7/four-continents-championships-2009-t305.htm

In a nutshell:

Mao didn't attempt jumps in the morning practice - she concentrated on spins, footwork and programs run-through. In the afternoon practice she was shown landing 3A and 3A-2T. :)

YuNa landed 3-3s (3F UR), 2A, 3-2-2. She struggled with 3Lz (popping it), but eventually managed to land it.

Patrick struggled with 3A. :(

Nobunari was reported to skate very fast and smooth - but he collided very hard with boards after landing 3A and had some jump problems after that. :(

In this article the Japanese skaters admitted to feeling a bit uncomfortable with the NHL-sized rink (it's 4 meters narrower than the Olympic one).

I haven't heard anything about other skaters, I'm sorry.

npa

Match Penalty
Okami thank you! :agree:
If you will know something about pairs and dance teams - please, post it :biggrin:

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
Yu-Na looked relaxed and confident, with her fantastic "killer" glances in "Danse Macabre". She also showed her tongue to the camera, in a perfect Abbott-style :laugh: