Wardrobe Malfunction in Helsinki | Golden Skate

Wardrobe Malfunction in Helsinki

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, I saw it. The video is up on youtube and according to Melissa & Denis, about 1 million people have seen it. I OTOH saw it when it occurred thanks to the amazingness of internet streaming.

icedancingnut31

On the Ice
Did she get deducted for it? I read her strap broke but at least she did not pull a Janet Jackson, who supposedly did it on purpose in the famous Superbowl incident.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
You think they would have put a piece of material or a band to hold that side of the dress up.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There was a clear plastic strap across the back. It looks like it pulled out of the costume. I wonder whether it caught in something...a skate, a hand, whatever. I couldn't tell, watching. You can see the strap hanging, and it's not a wispy little thing.

I feel so sorry for her. She seemed horribly embarrassed but skated through it. Worse, their first circuit on the finnstep was excellent, but since she was fighting with her top the whole second circuit and ending, it wasn't the same. If she had stopped skating for a wardrobe malfunction, I believe the deduction is 2 points? You surely don't want to take a hit like that in the CD.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Who says that figure skating isn't popular anymore? The two videos of that have 2 Million hits together already!

Raatkirani

On the Ice
Who says that figure skating isn't popular anymore? The two videos of that have 2 Million hits together already!

Gosh people will go to any length to see a boob :love: She handled herself well.

Two considerations for her: Nude illusion fabric is your friend. Use it as a safety net. Second, if you must wear strappy, non-netted costumes while ice dancing, and you really don't want anyone to see your areolas, use some of those petals that you can get everywhere. If the costume goes down, the nipples are still covered.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I haven't seen Melissa and Denis' video yet, but Melissa had a similar problem (though I Don't think she was ever fully exposed) at nationals when they skated their FD to Snow (sooooo long ago now lol)... they'd put more beads on the dress right before hand which weighted it down more... sometimes you just don't realize how much a seemingly minor alteration can change how a costume works.

Winnipeg

Final Flight
I heard that she skated so they would not get deducted. However, if the 'ref' called it to stop, she could have stopped, fixed it without any deductions. He chose not to stop and let her skate through with the exposure..............:cool:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I heard that she skated so they would not get deducted. However, if the 'ref' called it to stop, she could have stopped, fixed it without any deductions. He chose not to stop and let her skate through with the exposure..............:cool:

mean.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The same thing happened to Shae Lynn Bourne. One could say she got a lot of exposure. :clap: :clap:

Dee

Medusa

Record Breaker
I watched Eurosport yesterday night, there is always a compilation of funny clips in the night - and this was a huge part of that compilation, with close-ups...

They also included Ponsero on ski, the Swiss pairskater falling twice on footwork in 15 seconds and Steuer laughing about it, Korpi falling (while playing some Barbie song) and Maria Mukhortova falling really badly during the freeskate.