Whom do you think will have a Meltdown? | Golden Skate

Whom do you think will have a Meltdown?

must be top contenders

definition: Nervous Tension causes inability to focus;

(There is always at least one and the possibility of two or even more exists: Think Sasha and Irina at the Olys.)

I would say: Alissa Czisny; maybe Carolina Kostner
Thomas Verner, maybe Brian Joubert
Savchenko/Szolchowy, maybe Kawaguch(her)/Smirnov
No Dance meltdowns, only stupid errors.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Is Alissa a top contender? I don't think many find her to be...

that being said, while I know it happens I pray it doesn't.... for anyone.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, Alyssa managed to handle the pressure at Nationals without completely disintegrating, and one can argue that was probably the most pressure she's been under in her skating career, so I do have SOME hope for her.

As for meltdown, I'd put my stock on the European ladies. Rachel and Alyssa have the home crowd to back them- hopefully it helps them and doesn't hinder them.

lcd

Match Penalty
I think the ones everyone suspects of having meltdowns... Alissa, Jeremy... seem to the ones who have worked hardest to combat their demons. They "earned" their reputations/our fears/anxieties from prior episodes, but it seems they have both worked specifically on "learning how to compete" and have now enough under their belts to actually build confidence with. At least, that's my hope

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Brian Joubert and Alissa. yeah, Alissa is not a front-runner, but she will have a melt-down all the same.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Alissa has become a fighter. She wants to do well and is determined to do so. She may not land all of her jumps, may get downgraded, but she won't wilt. I do not think any US skater will. They will thrive on the home court. I hope nobody melts and hope the ice doesn't either.

I actually think the two US women could earn the three spots for next year.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I actually think the two US women could earn the three spots for next year.

Well, from the discussions on these and other boards, most people think the 2 US ladies can win back 3 spots. :thumbsup:

The only disagreement seems to be WHICH 2 ladies.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, from the discussions on these and other boards, most people think the 2 US ladies can win back 3 spots. :thumbsup:

The only disagreement seems to be WHICH 2 ladies.

hehe

seriously, even Zhang/Flatt would need outside help, and would have little room for error. I don't think our current team will do it based on 4CC results but stranger things have happened.

eleonora.d

On the Ice
I think this thread is mean :(
I can't really say who is having a meltdown. I really hope no one will. Maybe if I had to say one I would say Joubert as I think he's a little bit too much confident this season, but it's also not likely to watch him completely lose his focus during a program so I really don't know.

Last edited:

ks777

Record Breaker
Let me see...... Alissa!! but I dont' think it's called a meltdown for her because she is never perfect.. most of the time she is falling apart.. so

usual Alissa=meltdown

I think Kostner will have a meltdown but somehow manage to stay on the podium.

Last edited:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Am I the only person who thinks Brian isn't going to have a melt down. When he does, I usually feel it weeks in advance, but not now. I don't think he'll perform his best, but I don't think we'll be seeing something like 05 worlds or 06 Olys.

I think S&S may have a melt down.

Kimmie Fan

On the Ice
Let me see...... Alissa!! but I dont' think it's called a meltdown for her because she is never perfect.. most of the time she is falling apart.. so

usual Alissa=meltdown

I think Kostner will have a meltdown but somehow manage to stay on the podium.

bad Alissa = nuclear meltdown :laugh: