TV Alert - U.S. Nationals Exhibition | Golden Skate

TV Alert - U.S. Nationals Exhibition

Marine63

Rinkside
On NBC today from 2:30 - 4:30 p.m. et.

The exhibition gala from the U.S. Figure Skating Championships, taped Jan. 25 in Cleveland. Included are performances from the men's, women's, pairs and dance winners.

isk82

On the Ice
Surely these young skaters can find some new music to skate to rather than the same old Fever, Jailhouse Rock, etc. I understand skating to the same classical pieces that have been skated to forever for competition, but isn't the exhibition their chance to show their individuality and personality a bit?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well the exhibition had a "theme" this year.... so it makes sense...

and Meryl and Charlie didn't skate to a song that's overused.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isn't this the ifrst time they showed each of the gold medalist's LP during the exhibition???

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't think so... but I'd have to pull out my tapes and check...

we're having a great time discussing the skating as it goes on in the nationals folder! come join us!

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
ABC reshowed long programs during the exhibitions before. I distinctly remember them doing it in 1998. It always makes me scream. In NBC's case they did still show a lot of skaters so I wasn't as mad as I was with ABC, but still it's wasted airtime. They could show some of the younger skaters or show special performances that didn't get shown the first time around.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Actually, I think it works out nicely. It serves as a good recap of the champion's moments. Better than last year where they just re-hashed the men's saga, that's for sure.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yes, but, RD, you aren't a men's fan... so it's no wonder you didn't enjoy that recapping ;)

R.D.

Record Breaker
True, true. if it were a ladies' recap I might have thought differently...but still, my point stands.