Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Classical music you love and would like someone to skate to...

I don't mind classical warhorses if it's done in an unusual way. I skated to Habenera for the last two seasons (Carmen) but it was done by Wolf Hoffman and had a rock treatment to it.

I want Yu-Na Kim to skate to Lamento D' Ariane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alexander Nikolayevich Scriabin
    Etude Op.8 No.12 - there is actually only one skater who I think could do this piece justice, that would be Chan. Lambiel too of course, if he would still be skating. But the intensity of this piece is so extreme, the music so driven by powerful emotions. The skater needs to be able to move instinctively, very quickly and with perfect edges to the music - right now there is only one.

Sergei Vasilievich Rachmaninov
    Prelude Op.32 No.12 - this is for Johnny Weir and Takahiko Kozuka, I think the pace of the piece, the combination of light cadences with the relative solemn overtone of the music and the linear construction (talking about music in English is so hard ) would compliment their fluid and precise style.

Robert Schumann
    Träumerei - in the history of figure skating, this has only been used once? It's such a pretty princess song! And I think I mentioned it last year too, in my classical music list. I mean, so many people can skate to that. Would be great for Weir, Mukhortova & Trankov, all these girls out there...

Franz Liszt / Niccolò Paganini
    La Campanella - this screams Kozuka, Rippon or Sawyer. Denis Ten would also be good. And it's such a brilliant piece of music. Plus it already has the perfect long program length.

Claude Debussy
    "Jardins sous la pluie", Estampes No.3 - that's Chan again, I think. Too complex for others.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    La Campanella - this screams Kozuka, Rippon or Sawyer. Denis Ten would also be good. And it's such a brilliant piece of music. Plus it already has the perfect long program length.
    ITA with you on that one. I love it to death and would also love to see Alexander Majorov skate to it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    La Campanella -
    That's one of my favorites, and I was also wondering which skater best fits with this music. But still can not decide yet. Rippon may be a good idea.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6