Chat with Kimmie | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Chat with Kimmie

antmanb

Record Breaker
CoP = strait jacket. The best of the best, trying their hardest, have been able to Houdini their way out of it and still create art. It wasn't because of CoP, or working with CoP, it was IN SPITE of it.

But the same could be said of 6.0. In the late 90s going on message boards there was little talk of the artistry in skating it was a long moan-fest about how the sport was all about adding up the jumps. Do you truly believe under 6.0 that Buttle would have won worlds? No sooner had Joubert landed that quad the title would have been his.

Or maybe fans of skating just enjoy complaining!

Ant

Buttercup

Record Breaker
But the same could be said of 6.0. In the late 90s going on message boards there was little talk of the artistry in skating it was a long moan-fest about how the sport was all about adding up the jumps. Do you truly believe under 6.0 that Buttle would have won worlds? No sooner had Joubert landed that quad the title would have been his.
Actually, Joubert would never have won 2008 Worlds under 6.0 because he was 6th after the SP. He could have landed three quads and three combinations (not like the funny one he did do at the end), and the most he could've aspired to would probably be 3rd place. So this is another good thing about CoP: skaters can actually move up (or down) in the standings based on their LP performances, rather than being locked into a small range of placements.

But other than that, ITA. There were good and bad performances under 6.0, but people only remember the good.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Actually, Joubert would never have won 2008 Worlds under 6.0 because he was 6th after the SP. He could have landed three quads and three combinations (not like the funny one he did do at the end), and the most he could've aspired to would probably be 3rd place. So this is another good thing about CoP: skaters can actually move up (or down) in the standings based on their LP performances, rather than being locked into a small range of placements.

But other than that, ITA. There were good and bad performances under 6.0, but people only remember the good.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That'll teach me to not think before I type!!! Could i sheepishly rephrase it now to say "win the long program" I wonder?
Ant