GSers Going to Campbells | Golden Skate

GSers Going to Campbells

To those GSers from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, or wherever who are planning to attend the Campbells competition, PM Rgirl if you'd like to get together before the show (remember, it starts at 7:30pm), during intermission, or afterwards. We can see how funny we look in real life;) Just kidding.

Anyway, PM me and I'll try to work something out if anyone's interested.
Rgirl

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
OOOOOOOOOOOOH How I wish I were there!!!!!!!!!
I can't even win the lottery and go since I don't play.
:cry:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
........Because I'm on the West coast, I'll be there in spirit....have a great time!! 42

JOHIO2

Medalist
Wish I could go........but to those of you who do....HAVE A GREAT TIME! And be sure to tell we less fortunate all about it!

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
what I want to know is....

Did any of you GS8rs who went to Campbell's get together? If so, any stories you can share? Inquiring minds want to know....

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Herm,
Re "Did any of you GS8rs who went to Campbell's get together?" Nope. I don't know if folks were shy, wanted to maintain the anonymity of the Internet, or were scared of meeting me, lol, but nobody PMd me about getting together. Too bad, too, I think, since by chance I ran into a group of about a dozen MKF members who were having a blast. I had fun meeting them too. You can read my account of meeting them, especially Kwanette and Nymkfan51 in my post on the "Campbell's Reports--Spoilers" thread, p3.

I know GSers got together at Worlds in DC, but I think it might be a little easier for people when they're all in a strange city rather than at home. Maybe NY GSers were hesitant because they might've thought, "If I meet with these people, they might want to exchange phone numbers and then I'll never get rid of them." Seriously, breaking the Internet invisible wall is weird for some/many people, but I have to say. having met several people I've gotten to know through the 'net, that it's always been a lot of fun and I had no trouble getting rid of them:p

I don't think NYC will ever be a popular place for competitions because of the cost, but SOI is scheduled to come through in March. Maybe GSers who are planning to go to that will feel more comfortable about meeting up in conjunction with that show. I promise I won't try to drag people to seedy East Village clubs or worse and force them to party all night. I'll stick to seedy midtown clubs and will let people go by 3am, lol.
Rgirl