Yannik Ponsero | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yannik Ponsero

Je ne sais pas...

I'm not too sure what you meant here...
Thanks to Preaubert withdrawing from worlds last year, France only has two spots this year. Wasn't it Joubert and TBD ? (can someone check this? i have no idea of what goes on on the French Fed)

And Contesti, although French, is skating for Italy (I thought he was awsome...)
Woops You are correct beep, It's Joubert and Ponsero. That was the reason Condtesti saw coming and he fled to Italy.

eleonora.d

On the Ice
Woops You are correct beep, It's Joubert and Ponsero. That was the reason Condtesti saw coming and he fled to Italy.

Actually the story about Contesti moving from one federation to another is much more complicated. He wasn't really considered as a top contender in the men's field and this was a big mistake of the French federation.
So we're *very* happy about him competing for us. It was quite easy to make him italian. Contesti is actually an italian surname so I guess he must had very close italian roots, but he obtained citizenship because of her wife, Zulini, whose dad was born in my district.
Candeloro's father was an italian immigrate too and I rememeber I heard him speaking italian and saying he's often coming back to Italy to his father's city, in Abruzzo.

I think France has a very good skating school and good coaches. There are quite a lot of very good male skaters so I wonder why they couldn't really peak in the ladies field too, I mean after Surya.

antmanb

Record Breaker
I finally got round to watching the Men's competition at Europeans and I have to say that i don't really get the kudos being given to Ponsero. Sure his quad is absolutely HUGE. But his jumps all seem pretty rushed and unfinished - no holding of the landing position. He seems to hurtle round at such a fast pace he reminded of Carolina Kostner when she first came on the scene and her speed almost seemed like a hinderance and it was hit and miss if she'd land the jump.

The music in his programs seemed like background music. I much preferred Contesti.

Ant