Best Triple Lutz (Women) | Golden Skate

Best Triple Lutz (Women)

Who has/had the best Triple Lutz

• Total voters

gio

Medalist
Let's see who do you think has/had the best triples.

We can start with the most debated jump: the triple Lutz

I've included both current skaters and skaters of the past. If you choose Other it's good if you specify who do you have in mind.

Last edited:

skatingbc

Final Flight
I voted for Joannie Rochette.

Partially because she's Canadian and partially because I know she reworked it to make sure it's a true lutz and rarely, if ever, gets edge calls.

Also, it's hard for me to remember skater's jumps while they're not fresh in my mind. Sorry Kristy and Liz...

Wrlmy

Medalist
I had to choose between Yuna and Miki, but I gave edge to Yuna because she has better air position. Honorable mention to Vika Volchkova.

lcd

Match Penalty
Yebin Mok - a US skater from about 5 years ago - had an amazing one. Went straight up, time before landing.

gio

Medalist
It was difficult to decide, but at the end I choosed Denise Biellmann. She was the first to do it and she was doing it with a deep outside edge.

But the others listed has/had great Lutzes too. :clap:

oleada

Record Breaker
I voted for Miki. Her lutz is HUGE and she most definitely takes off from the correct edge.

goldenpleasures

On the Ice
Why are Harding and Yamaguchi included in this poll and Ito not included?

Sebestyen's lutz, when it works, is a cracker - great amplitude.

McWicked

On the Ice
Kimmie's, before she started strugglin with her jumps, yet when she can land hers, it's really great.

gio

Medalist
Why are Harding and Yamaguchi included in this poll and Ito not included?

Sebestyen's lutz, when it works, is a cracker - great amplitude.

I know I should have included also other skaters, but the number of choices is limited. Anyway you can just vote Other and specify in the thread who do you have in mind. :)
To be fair I completely forgot Julia Sebestyen. That's a pity because her Lutz is really amazing.
Ito I haven't forgotten, but she was better in the other jumps IMO.

I included Harding and Yamaguchi, because their outside edges were solid and they had good technique. Harding Lutz was big, while Kristi's one was smaller. But Yamaguchi rarely failed her Lutzes (one in combo with a 3Toe and one at the very end of the program (!), which is very difficult), this means that she had very good technique.

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:rofl: at Alissa Czisny being included in this poll and Julia Sebestyen being left out. WTF?! :laugh:

gio

Medalist
:rofl: at Alissa Czisny being included in this poll and Julia Sebestyen being left out. WTF?! :laugh:

I wanted to include a current American skater and she is the only one that takes from the correct edge (Rachael, Ashley, Caroline, Mirai and Bebe all flutz and Kimmie is not consistent any more). Alissa's outside edge is quite good. She may not have the best jumps, but her Lutz technique is correct.

As I have already said, I forgot to include granny Sebestyen. Unfortunately

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
My vote goes to joannie. She has a true lutz and it has been very consistent lately.