General Ladies Discussion (was original Ladies LP thread) | Golden Skate

General Ladies Discussion (was original Ladies LP thread)

ANW

On the Ice
starting order

StN. Name Nation Rank Points
Warm-Up Group 1
1 CANTU Michele MEX
20 37.16
2 WANG Yueren CHN
21 34.38
3 HAMUI Loretta MEX
23 33.84
4 ONO Tamami HKG
24 33.80
5 TAN Gracielle Jeanne PHI
22 34.02
6 LIU Chaochih TPE
19 37.20

Warm-Up Group 2
7 WANG Tina AUS
18 37.64
8 CANTU Ana Cecilia MEX
14 44.82
9 GIMAZETDINOVA Anastasia UZB
13 46.22
10 KIM Na-Young KOR
16 43.94
11 KIM Hyeon-Jung KOR
17 41.64
12 LEE Cheltzie AUS
15 43.96

Warm-Up Group 3
13 LIU Yan CHN
12 47.60
14 SUZUKI Akiko JPN
9 55.40
15 CZISNY Alissa USA
7 55.62
16 XU Binshu CHN
11 48.38
17 FLATT Rachael USA
8 55.44
18 LACOSTE Amelie CAN
10 49.78

Warm-Up Group 4
19 ASADA Mao JPN
6 57.86
20 ROCHETTE Joannie CAN
2 66.90
21 SUGURI Fumie JPN
4 60.18
22 PHANEUF Cynthia CAN
3 60.98
23 ZHANG Caroline USA
5 58.16
24 KIM Yu-Na KOR
1 72.24

Ladies LP Starting Order

Ladies - Free Skating

Starting Order

StN. Name Nation Rank Points
Warm-Up Group 1
1 CANTU Michele MEX
20 37.16
2 WANG Yueren CHN
21 34.38
3 HAMUI Loretta MEX
23 33.84
4 ONO Tamami HKG
24 33.80
5 TAN Gracielle Jeanne PHI
22 34.02
6 LIU Chaochih TPE
19 37.20
Warm-Up Group 2
7 WANG Tina AUS
18 37.64
8 CANTU Ana Cecilia MEX
14 44.82
9 GIMAZETDINOVA Anastasia UZB
13 46.22
10 KIM Na-Young KOR
16 43.94
11 KIM Hyeon-Jung KOR
17 41.64
12 LEE Cheltzie AUS
15 43.96
Warm-Up Group 3
13 LIU Yan CHN
12 47.60
14 SUZUKI Akiko JPN
9 55.40
15 CZISNY Alissa USA
7 55.62
16 XU Binshu CHN
11 48.38
17 FLATT Rachael USA
8 55.44
18 LACOSTE Amelie CAN
10 49.78
Warm-Up Group 4
19 ASADA Mao JPN
6 57.86
20 ROCHETTE Joannie CAN
2 66.90
21 SUGURI Fumie JPN
4 60.18
22 PHANEUF Cynthia CAN
3 60.98
23 ZHANG Caroline USA
5 58.16
24 KIM Yu-Na KOR
1 72.24

Thank god, it's a shorter list than the SP. Close to 3am when I went to sleep. Anyone of any favorite not made the cut? Both Cantu's of Mexico did. Happy to see that. That LaCoste (Canada) who knew? I don't remembe ever seeing her before, but she is quite promising. Those high jumps are a plus and I believe she
kind of hangs them.

Hope all of them skate their best. Can't help but wonder if the SP podium will be the Final finish.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
Thank god, it's a shorter list than the SP. Close to 3am when I went to sleep. Anyone of any favorite not made the cut? Both Cantu's of Mexico did. Happy to see that. That LaCoste (Canada) who knew? I don't remembe ever seeing her before, but she is quite promising. Those high jumps are a plus and I believe she
kind of hangs them.

Hope all of them skate their best. Can't help but wonder if the SP podium will be the Final finish.

I think Fumie will fight :yes:

R.D.

Record Breaker
This competition has already been decided. Yuna's lead is insurmountable. Only Rochette has even a chance to think about catching up. The Drama that typically is the Final has vaporized- another downside to the NJS, but something that must be dealt with.

So if it wasn't for Caroline Zhang being in the Last group (the 2nd to last skater!), I wouldn't even bother watching after Group Three (well, Rachel Flatt to be exact). It's all a ploy, it has to be :laugh: Even then, I might sit out segments that don't interest me.

Last edited:

bekalc

Record Breaker
This competition has already been decided. Yuna's lead is insurmountable. Only Rochette has even a chance to think about catching up. The Drama that typically is the Final has vaporized- another downside to the NJS, but something that must be dealt with.

So if it wasn't for Caroline Zhang being in the Last group (the 2nd to last skater!), I wouldn't even bother watching after Group Three (well, Rachel Flatt to be exact). It's all a ploy, it has to be :laugh: Even then, I might sit out segments that don't interest me.

Why so? Yu-na deserved her lead, she was the only one with a clean 3/3, still if she skates poorly Joannie can still win. Joannie is capable of a good long.

Mao doesn't deserve a shot at the win, after how poorly Mao skated. She also didn't get her levels on her spins. Is it bad that a basketball team can at times get a 20 point lead after halftime?

Last edited:

*Sniper*

On the Ice
Why so? Yu-na deserved her lead, she was the only one with a clean 3/3, still if she skates poorly Joannie can still win. Joannie is capable of a good long.

Mao doesn't deserve a shot at the win, after how poorly Mao skated. She also didn't get her levels on her spins. Is it bad that a basketball team can at times get a 20 point lead after halftime?

Obviously it will take the very best of Joannie (or anyone else's) and a couple stumbles from Yuna to change the final standings. Not that it won't happen or anything, but doesn't seem too likely.

But why do you say Mao doesn't "deserve" a shot at the win?
Yeah, she didn't skate her best in short, but it's a new day.
Anyone can challenge for the podium, which is one of few things I like about CoP.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
bekalc
Cause Yuna is not from US, so if no one from US can win, it's not interesting to watch. It's not even worth to watch.

But Mao didn't skate poorly. She had errors, but still it was fine to watch. I think it was mostly because she was nervous... I hope she will be more confident during her LP.

R.D.

Record Breaker

I never said Kim Yu Na did not deserve her lead. Where did I even suggest that? All I said is that she's so far ahead that it will be near impossible to catch her up, maybe except for Rochette. Even then, Yuna must make mistakes. And inherently, it does suck some drama out of the event. But as I stated before, it's part of the new game and we must deal with that.

I would not count Mao out though for a solid long. She can make it as high as 2nd.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
bekalc

Cause Yuna is not from US, so if no one from US can win, it's not interesting to watch. It's not even worth to watch.

Please lets not have any U.S bashing, I don't think that it is relevant here. Besides YuNa has many, many, many fans in the U.S.

ks777

Record Breaker
I hope Mao goes back to her last year SP and LP at worlds. I hate her SP and LP.. Her PCS has gone down this season because of her poorly choreographed programs.

oleada

Record Breaker
Everyone said Yu-Na would win 2007 Worlds after the SP went down. And we all know what happened there. Just saying.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Everyone said Yu-Na would win 2007 Worlds after the SP went down. And we all know what happened there. Just saying.

Don't say that!!!!!!!!! I was thinking about that, but Yu-na was also pretty injured then. It's not like Yu-na hasn't learned to deal with huge leads since 2007...

But why do you say Mao doesn't "deserve" a shot at the win?
Yeah, she didn't skate her best in short, but it's a new day.
Anyone can challenge for the podium, which is one of few things I like about CoP.

Well I didn't mean it that way. I mean that Mao put herself in a hole, of her own making.. And while she was pretty to watch there was some pretty unexcusable errors there.

I would not count Mao out though for a solid long. She can make it as high as 2nd.

I'm not counting Mao out of medaling whatsover, she could win the free skate like she did at the GPF.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
demarinis5
Please lets not have any U.S bashing, I don't think that it is relevant here. Besides YuNa has many, many, many fans in the U.S.
I am not bashing US at all. It was all about what Red Dog said.

I know that Yuna has a lot of fans not only in US, but around the world as well.

EDIT: I just don't understand what is the point on writing only negative things... One time it's ok, but again and again.

Last edited:

LeCygne

Final Flight
I wonder if Yu-Na will score over 200.

Good question. I say it's probably likely... If not here, than Worlds.

Good luck to Caroline!!! She's likely to medal the way it is now, but I'm sure Mao will move up. Here's hoping for 4th?