Pairs LP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairs LP

amateur

Final Flight
I was too busy typing to get a real sense of D/D's overall performance level of this program today, but I was quite impressed at Canadian Nationals. Their style is understated (and so can tend toward bland) but their grace and flow can really shine through and captivate, if they get the right sense of attack and character, which is the challenge for them in this piece. I hope they build on the improvement they showed in this area at Nationals.

gold12345

Medalist
Congrats to Pang/Tong on the well deserved win. I just will never understand how they get so many +2 GOE on their lifts. They deserve higher scores then everyone else today, but it shouldn't come in the lifts.

McLaughlin/Brubaker. I guess it is too late to dump that Malaguena. It does take a bit of Spanish dancing knowledge.

I am biased because I love them, but I really do like that program and I think they do it well. They just need to skate it clean and it's fine.

Competitively speaking, the placements were correct, although I would have given Duhamel/Bunton the bronze.

Duhamel/Bunton had several mistakes today. I guess the Zhangs did too, but I think the placements were okay.

I agree with the rest of your post though.

Medusa

Record Breaker
6 3LzTw2 6.05 x 1.40 3 1 2 2 2 2 1 2 2 - - - 7.45
7 3STh 4.95 x 1.52 2 2 2 3 2 2 3 3 2 - - - 6.47
8 3LoTh 5.50 x 1.40 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 2 - - - 6.90
That's what I call high-scoring elements... Pang/Tong also got positive GOE on the 2A-2A-sequence, which is strange, because it was alright, but didn't merit any positive GOE in my opinion.

But some of the other GOEs were weird, too. Duhamel/Buntin e.g. didn't get -3 for the fall on the sbs Salchow, because one judge gave -2, and another one 0.

One judge also gave Dubé/Davison a +2 on their 3 twist...

hongligl

Final Flight
Congratulations, Pang/Tong and all the podium finishers!

Pang/Tong are getting stronger and stronger! Hope they get better in the World!

gold12345

Medalist
But some of the other GOEs were weird, too. Duhamel/Buntin e.g. didn't get -3 for the fall on the sbs Salchow, because one judge gave -2, and another one 0.

One judge also gave Dubé/Davison a +2 on their 3 twist...

Ugh. Shouldn't that first thing be spotted before the scores are announced? I don't know why those mistakes are allowed to occur.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
I thought Pang/Tong were amazing. I've always been a fan of theirs, but I've been waiting for their artistry to really develop, and I think it finally has. They look great for gold or silver at worlds.

I was also really impressed with D/D. In spite of the incident with the boards, they were beautiful. The 3 twist is still shaky, but it seems to be improving. I really think that they have a realistic shot of making the world podium again if they skate the way that they did this week!:biggrin:

rosee

On the Ice
Anyone know if D&D's new ending is definitive? The split out of the spin was one of the most intersting thing of their whole Program. The new one is blah...very similar to their 2005-2006 program.