Final Flight
Denney/Barrett USA

Spartacus

3twist good
3t-2t sequence i thiink fine
throw3lz, on music
lift, decent flow
sbs 2a
sbs spins drifted, unison on and off (more off)
star lift
throw 3 lo
straight line steps, choreo better than most, unison not all there
1hand lasso lift
pair spin

some typical new-team issues, but not bad
dynamic skaters
their stiff airplane arms while stroking around, bothered me a lot in the first half of program

108.09 -- 161.69 -- 1st

luvsasha

Final Flight
Congrats to Caydee and Jeremy! that's pretty impressive that they skated so well in their 1st major int. competition! :clap:

mystichaze

On the Ice
DENNEY Caydee / BARRETT Jeremy

3twist
nice sbs 3toe-2toes
great throw 3flip/lutz?
sbs 2axels
nice throw 3 loop

they are a really good and consistent pair team!! I like her enthusiasm. great future ahead for them.

161.69 total 1st

He (Jeremy) seems very blocky. From a distance he looks old (not just older than she) and out of shape (n.b. I'm not watching in hi-def).

Medusa

Record Breaker
Are Caydee and Keauna normal female first names in the US? They seem so strange to me.

From a distance he looks old (not just older than she) and out of shape (n.b. I'm not watching in hi-def).
I think he is just really short with 5 feet 8, that's shorter than most single men's skaters... And if you are that short, you need to be compact with loads of muscles to lift the girl.

amateur

Final Flight
McLaughlan/Brubaker, USA

West Side story

3twist almost lateral, good
opening with good speed/attack
3s-1s, stumbly
weird star-into-carry lift
sbs 3t she falls, he over
throw 3s nice
sbs spins unison off and drift
death spiral, weird bent leg variation she switches to
combo spin nice
sbs steps, packed, but kinda hokey choreo, still well done
throw 3lo good
lasso lift

looked a bit tired to me in later stages, but pushed it out
2nd half was smoother though without the errors
They can clearly do better than this though
Wasn't always enjoying their lines - in lifts, death spiral, etc

109.85 -- 164.01 -- 1st

Is there any "normal" any more? Some people here love to make up names or change traditional spelling.

Eg Caydee could be a new spelling for Katie.

I think he is just really short with 5 feet 8, that's shorter than most single men's skaters... And if you are that short, you need to be compact with loads of muscles to lift the girl.
But isn't Rockne the same height? And he skates with much more grace... AND strength!

amateur

Final Flight
Are Caydee and Keauna normal female first names in the US? They seem so strange to me.

not common names, no.. but a lot of Americans like to try hard to find unusual names for their children. But in America they wouldn't be considered that strange, exactly, just a bit different.

gold12345

Medalist
Keauna did not have her usual "stage" makeup on. lol, unimportant information, I know. Maybe she reads this forum. haha. I happen to like the stage makeup. :laugh:

Their throws looked good today. The toes still need work. The side by side spins today were definitely better than Nationals. Still a little off at times.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Is there any "normal" any more? Some people here love to make up names or change traditional spelling.

Eg Caydee could be a new spelling for Katie.

So true. I come from a large family and when we started to have children
my dear mother always had only one request "Please, please don't name my grandchild a name that I cannot pronounce or spell".

gold12345

Medalist
But isn't Rockne the same height? And he skates with much more grace... AND strength!

Not everyone skates the same or has the same qualities.

As for their names, I figure Caydee is an unusual variation of the popular American name, Katie. And as for Keauna, I have heard of the name Kiana, but don't know of anyone who spells it like Keauna. It's a Hawaiian name, apparently.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Ah, the eye-candy has arrived...

1. Butin
2. Tong
3. Davison
4. Zhang

but they are all so handsome.

Last edited:

amateur

Final Flight
Duhamel/Buntin, CAN

Tosca

sbs 3t-3t sequence... tad sloppy but done
cool flip out exit to lift, right on music
sbs 3s she falls (ur?)
2twist
throw3lo leaning, very low landing step out
throw 3lz good
losing intensity in this 2nd half
combo spin laboured

look disappointed at end
she struck me as a bit softer/more elegant than i remember
but their presentation was rather off toady

106.35 -- 168.43 -- 1st
look not pleased, but will take it

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
D/B - I can't believe they went into first with that skate. Loved their SP but not their LP.

lisou

On the Ice
Are any of you having problems with Radio Canada feed ? It froze before the warm-up and I can't start it again.

gold12345

Medalist
D/B - I can't believe they went into first with that skate. Loved their SP but not their LP.

Yeah, it was kind of rough, but they didn't go into first by much, so I guess it's okay.

Jessica and Bryce did very well besides a step out on the first throw, but is it me, or is there next to no choreography in that program? It was a little blah to me.