Men's SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men's SP

Medusa

Record Breaker
Poor little Japanese. But I adore the costume, very classy.

^^Brian is starting to scare me with his stare, going to change my signature...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
4CC was always quite overscored, moreso than Europeans. I remember that Buttle's (flawed) short program at 4CC last year got more points than his perfect short program at Worlds.

Same goes for Lysacek, all his personal bests are from 4CC - as if it's his best competition.

then, perhaps, they are trying to entice the big names to participate every year

"Come skate, and we promise to give you huge scores to stroke your ego!"

amateur

Final Flight
Yasuharu Nanri JPN

moonlight sonata

graceful!
3a lean and slip off edge/hard fall... woulda been a beauty
3f-3t bad 2-foot ur on 3t
3lz soft nice

nice hight death drop, into sit spin a bit short/slow though
nice edges, some good qualities to this guy, could use more pep
commentator notes lack of spark, fatigue?

59.44 -- 3rd

Particle Man

Match Penalty
YAY more Canadian overscoring! Makes me so glad we threw out our judging system and instituted a new one. This newfound fairness makes all the struggles and hardships worthwhile.

One reason is probably that he is in one of the later groups. He also has good skating skills, very decent spins (in contrast to Gao).
Isn't that the standard answer to that kind of question. Like, there are other things to score but nobody mentions them.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Kozuka is on now. I missed the begining. The 3 flip solo was over-rotated, but he held it. Great footwork to the music (Take five :)

Really low sit spins. great scrach spin at the end...he looks a little dissipointed.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kozuka's SP makes me want to pull out my Torvill and Dean tape and watch their Take Five.

that being said I finally *get* what people have been raving about with this kid... :biggrin: add me to the list of fan girls. Even with the bobbles it was a great program. Different footwork elements... great!

Is his footwork lower level or is it his style that makes it look so clear and legible? Either way he's a great footwork skater. And it went so well with the music.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
On replay, his triple axel landing was not perfect, but he held on really well. That guy's footwork is beautiful...such a joy to watch.

76.61 Score, 1st

amateur

Final Flight
Takahiko Kozuka

Take Five

3lz-3t nice
3a wobbly landing
3f again wobbly but done

neat tuck positions in his sit spins
i still have trouble getting my head around a japanese guy skating to this music, and so well!
Just way too cool - love it. great musicality, relaxed vibe.
You don't even feel this is a competition program, yet the content is all there.
will the wobbles cost him, in this strong field?

76.61 -- wow, a downgrade? 1st place

Medusa

Record Breaker
Isn't that the standard answer to that kind of question. Like, there are other things to score but nobody mentions them.
That's why I added that he also has people behind him who want to make him a high-profile skater.

In the short program I am all for: land your three jumping passes (3A, 3-3, solo Triple). If you manage a Quad, already a huge bonus. But nobody who lands those three jumping passes without mistakes should ever be behind someone who doesn't, only because that someone can spin better...

samba

On the Ice
YAY more Canadian overscoring! Makes me so glad we threw out our judging system and instituted a new one. This newfound fairness makes all the struggles and hardships worthwhile.

Only if you're Canadian though:rofl::rofl:
Jeremy Abbott is up:love:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
nice 3/3 by Jeremy.
Great chreo.

3 axel, nice.
3 lutz- fall (crowd gasps)