CAN
1 88.90
23 ABBOTT Jeremy
USA
4 75.67
24 ODA Nobunari
JPN
6 75.04

Let's hear it for the boys! Let's hear it for the men! :rock::love::bow::biggrin:

amateur

Final Flight
Question: I cant remember - at Worlds do they still do a random draw within the flights to determine LP skate order, like this, or do they go in ascending order of ranking now as in the Grand Prixs? (I prefer the random draw...)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Question: I cant remember - at Worlds do they still do a random draw within the flights to determine LP skate order, like this, or do they go in ascending order of ranking now as in the Grand Prixs? (I prefer the random draw...)

Well, I know Worlds last year was random draw because Joubert (6th after SP) skated right before Buttle (1st after SP) in the LP draw. The ascending order draw is specific to the Grand Prix events, thank goodness.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
oy. Evan skating first in the last group. wonderful. we're going to see a quad attempt outta him... *facepalm*

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
And Jeremy is in a good position, isn't it? well he's right after King Chan, but I'm sure he can challenge for the bronze. In my opinion the quad is too risky both for Lysacek and little Takahiko.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree that it's risky, and I'm not looking forward to a failed quad from Evan, but he went for it at nationals so I don't see him not attempting it here... he's going to feel he needs to go all out.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
And Jeremy is in a good position, isn't it? well he's right after King Chan, but I'm sure he can challenge for the bronze. In my opinion the quad is too risky both for Lysacek and little Takahiko.
I think Jeremy can challenge for the silver at the very least. He's only six points behind Lysacek, a gap that can be made up easily in the LP; and Jeremy has skated two excellent LPs already this season.

I can't imagine Chan will screw up badly enough to make the gold likely for anyone, but who knows? Of course, if Chan skates an amazing LP and Jeremy has to go out and skate after that, I don't envy him...

I agree about Kozuka and the quad. If he can't put it in without getting a UR, it's not worth the risk. I would like to see the other guys who can do quads give it a shot, however.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
I think Jeremy can challenge for the silver at the very least. He's only six points behind Lysacek, a gap that can be made up easily in the LP; and Jeremy has skated two excellent LPs already this season.

I read on his fan-club site that he has a cold. I do hope he can build up his stamina today.

shine

Record Breaker
Jeremy would be put to real test if Chan skates another great performance at home and he would have to follow that immediately. It'll be interesting to see if he can hold up. I think he has seen himself at various positions as a competitor in one short season, starting as the underdog and spoiling a GP at the beginning, to a surprising contender at GPF, and now to be challenging for a championship medal as the US champ, it's expected that he's having to learn to adjust to these mentality changes in a very short time. But he needs to know the pressure and emotional challenges that one needs to handle as an elite medal contender. And the sooner, the better!

Last edited:

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Sometimes a head cold can affect one's sense of balance; I hope that does not happen to Jeremy. It may take the edge off competition nerves, though.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
Sometimes a head cold can affect one's sense of balance; I hope that does not happen to Jeremy. It may take the edge off competition nerves, though.

I'm so nervous and can't wait to see him! Please, Radio Canada, be kind with me at least once.
QUADS CAN FLY!!

Nice to see Justin Pietersen in the mix. This may be the beginning of RSA in future comps.

Nice to see again: Gao, Hernandez and Alves.

Another battle between the Tens, but more interesting will be Chipeur v. Wu and Nanri.

Group4 is the BIG one. Do you think Order of Skate affects the outcome?

beep_beep

Medalist
It started.

Could anyone with a feed provide some impressions of the competition so far ?
No Radio-Canada yet... :cry:

Thanks

amateur

Final Flight
I've just tuned in, the RSA skater just finished, didn't see much... I'll try some PbP starting with the 2nd group

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
where are you getting the feed from? Radio Canada has deserted us without warning :(