Article on Sasha Cohen | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Article on Sasha Cohen

Mathman,
ONLY 19,422 characters long? Dang, I was shooting for 20,000 at least.

As for your very insightful question about the neck stand: The latter, that is, head to the side as if decapitated. But it wasn't lolling. It had to be very still otherwise you'd fall down and then your head would be lolling from a broken neck. BTW, we got to have help from our hands.

SkateConvert,
Aw, you just like what I write because you live in Austin:-] But hey, I like you already because you mentioned crosstraining. That could get me going on another 5,000 words, I mean, 15,000 charachers, easy! BTW, I'm not the person to try to suck up to. That would be Mathman. He's a mod AND he knows math. I scare people, not to mention get them PO'd. But thanks:)

SkatePixie,
ITA. I think flexing muscles should be left to the professionals.

Fossi,
When I said "Nobody" I should have made it clear that I was just referring to the Big 3 news magazines. If US NEWS AND WORLD REPORT had put Sasha on their cover and predicted her as the Olympic winner, then I would have called that equal hype from the main news mags of all three ladies, relatively speaking. But for some reason US NEWS didn't seem to care who won;) But of course you're right that Sasha had lots of articles about her, just as Michelle and Sarah did.

Actually, I just now tried to get some numbers on this. I put in two searches on Google for Michelle, Sarah, and Sasha; one entered as "Skater's Name Pre Olympic articles 2002" and the other as "Skater's Name Olympic articles 2002." But I don't think my method is valid or reliable since there was a lot of overlap, especially with Michelle and Sarah. For what it's worth (somthing more to argue about, lol?) here are the number of hits for each skater under each search category:
MK: Pre Olympic 255/Olympic 1450
SH: Pre Olympic 1230/Olympic 2630
SC: Pre Olympic 114/Olympic 569
Rgirl