5 exams and then I'll graduate | Golden Skate

5 exams and then I'll graduate

gio

Medalist
WOW!!

Final countdown (two French exams, Business English, German and Statistics) and then I will graduate!!

I cannot believe I've already done 29 exams. That's a lot! Those three years were pretty hard.

Two very hard French exams (both written and oral), one in February and one in April.
Business English in February and then Statistics in March.
German I have in April.

I wish I were Medusa who speaks both German and French perfectly!! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Wrlmy

Medalist
You Europeans and languages:biggrin:
I'm sure you will do perfectly fine, and congratulations!!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow!!! Congrats!!! What an accomplishment!!!

I know you will breathe a sigh of relief when the final exam is taken. :clap: :clap:

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Congrats, gio!

is this for university? or are you younger than I thought? :rofl: I guess what I should ask is - what's next?

gio

Medalist
Thanks!! :)

Toni, yeah it's university graduation. In fact I'm 23 years old. Did you think I was older? :biggrin:
Next I'll try to find a job and will continue studying (other two years for Master degree - I don't know how you call it in the US). BTW I should have already be doing the Master degree, but I'm a year late.

Wrlmy, French and English are compulsory, but German was my choice (hehe, I'm crazy), because I think it can be very useful.
It's not that many language exams, 'cause it's just 5 or 7 language exams (some are compulsory, other are not). But yeah I agree we are obsessed with languages. :laugh: Anyway I deliberately left French and German at the end. In fact I should have done those three exams earlier, but I wasn't to sure to go and I kept practicing. But still I'm not satisfied with my French and German knowledge.
The others exams I've done were about economics, law, history etc.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
gio - no I wasn't sure if you were talking the equvilent of a high school graduation ( a friend of mine just left that part of her education and I swear she was in final exams for half a year! ) so I was confused. You're only a year younger than I am (and no worries about being a 'year late' I've still got two years if not mroe lol)

and we call it a Master's degree too :yes:

gio

Medalist
gio - no I wasn't sure if you were talking the equvilent of a high school graduation ( a friend of mine just left that part of her education and I swear she was in final exams for half a year! ) so I was confused. You're only a year younger than I am (and no worries about being a 'year late' I've still got two years if not mroe lol)

and we call it a Master's degree too :yes:

So I guess it's the same in the USA? We have three years of Bachelor degree (which I'm finishing) with more or less 30-35 exams and final short thesis (which I'm already writing) and two years of Master degree with two years of circa 15 exams, stages and a much bigger final thesis.
About being late, I'm reliefed not being the only one. lol :laugh: But you work, so you are excused more than me. :)

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow! Congrats to you, gio! :party: I'm impressed with your language background. I understand that Statistics courses are very challenging. Best wishes in your future studies and work experiences. :agree:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
gio - actually for most of my schooling I haven't worked... the time that I did have a part time job during the semester I was in a horrible work environment - and I failed my finals because I was scheduled to work and if I didn't show up I would be fired... couldn't have that on my work record. It was an incredibly frustrating year... which I think some posters here may remember. It would have been the ideal job had management been better.

our BA (Bachelor's) degrees normally take four years... we also have an AA or Associates which is 2 years... but yeah other than that yours sounds like ours!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Kudos for both of you. Fascinating how much you both have to do. Best of luck for you.

gio

Medalist
Thank you Grgranny and iluvtodd! :)

BTW, today I did the French exam. I'm not very satisfied with the grade, but it was hard, so I think I should be happy that I passed the exam.

So, 4 to go!! :rock:

Next one is Business English at the end of February.

Last edited:

eleonora.d

On the Ice
Congrats countryman :)
I am graduating next month too and I'm turning 23 on the same day :rofl:.
Actually this is our 1st grade degree - then you can go on with 2 extra years, which I am going to do, but I'll try to work in the tourism / event managment field as well.
But I guess I should be back on my thesis now or goodbye graduation :laugh:

gio

Medalist
Congrats countryman :)
I am graduating next month too and I'm turning 23 on the same day :rofl:.
Actually this is our 1st grade degree - then you can go on with 2 extra years, which I am going to do, but I'll try to work in the tourism / event managment field as well.
But I guess I should be back on my thesis now or goodbye graduation :laugh:

Congrats countrywoman! :laugh:

That is going to be a big birthday!

Congrats again and I wish you the best! :)