Most memorable 2002 Olympic moment? | Golden Skate

Most memorable 2002 Olympic moment?

L

lil icesk8er915

Most memorable 2002 Olympic moment?

What was the most memorable 2002 Olympic moment?

D

Dee4707

Re: Most memorable 2002 Olympic moment?

I voted for Alexei. I was so nervous when Alexei started his free skate but the most wonderful moment was when the music ended and I knew he won.

Dee

L

lottafs

So many. But my fave is when Michelle did FOG. :D

S

sk8ing lady2001

I voted for Other. My favorite <strong>moments</strong> were Sarah's freeskate, Alexei's freeskate, and of course FOG. :)

L

Lcp88

I think Alexei's Freeskate was one of the best moments in sports:) . It was the fist figure skating event to take place after the pairs, and figure skating really needed a good clean win, and Alexei gave it to them.
Laura

C

CartDi

Maybe a tie between seeing Tim on the podium and Xue Shen almost landing a perfect quad throw.

R

Raelynne

Tim winning a medal, Sarah's freeskate, and the quad throw attempt.

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:maroon;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">Sarah's freeskate--it was everything you want to see in an Olympic gold medal winning performance.</span>

K

Kasey

Actually, I think Yagudin's emotions AFTER his freeskate is what touched me the most....but since that wasn't an option, I just voted for his freeskate!

Kasey

L

lil icesk8er915

Hey Everyone! Thanks for replying to my poll! I like hearing your comments! :D

S

starshinexavier

All of the moments on your poll were memorable in their own individual ways. I throroughly enjoyed them all.

N

NansXOXOX

All of these were wonderful plus many more, but for me, it was Alexei. Scott gave me a few tense moments, but even before he finished, I knew he had done something special. I found myself standing in the middle of the room, clapping my hands and laughing tears! LOL

Nan

E

Emerald2000

Everything involving Alexei yagudin was touching. (Especially when he took his shirt off....:p )

Michelle Kwan's FOG was probably the only thing better. :)

D

DORISPULASKI

For me, the most memorable thing was B&S's short program. Absolutely gorgeous!!
Closely followed by Tim on the podium, Michelle's FOG, Yagudin's Winter.

(I am listing only the positive memories--there are some negative vivid memories too)

dpp

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

Jamie and David definately... I was so excited that I thought they won:)( ) I was jumping up and down and I broke my little toe :lol:

L

LilyBerg

I voted for Alexei's freeskate.

H

hrmsk8ngnutt

I had to vote other. Of course, I can't pick just one so here they are:

- B/S short program
- I/Z long program
- Tim's performances and his reaction
- Michelle's exhibition

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

E

Engel85

Alexei's skate was my highlight :)

W

WindSpirit5

Alexei's freeskate. Such a cathartic moment. <strong>Loved it.</strong>

Sarah's freeskate was not too bad either.

G

Germanice

No doubt - ALEXEI all the way, throughout his programs (sooo determinated!), in the KnC after his LP, on the podium - one could really sense how MUCH this means to him ... it was such a perfect advertising for the sport figure skating, after all what happend before ...

But what has got into Scott? I'm collecting skating tapes and so far I've seen a lot of different broadcasts of Alexei's LP. No commentator, no matter from where he/she came from, Britain, Canada, Australia, Germany and Italy (... well, I don't speak Italian, but I guess I'm able to judge the meaning of a dozen
"bravissimo's" ;) ) had even a slight doubt that Alexei'd win, nobody dared to compare his program with Goebel's, just the opposite, they're celebrating a lovefest.

I've read many posts of us-skating-fans who pointed out Scott's commentary has spoilt this great moment for them. I think it's kinda embarrassing for such a great, legendary skater ... sorry for being a little OT, but how did you react then?

Anke