Ladies LP - actual competition | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP - actual competition

Medusa

Record Breaker
Well, that wasn't really exciting... But gave me time to do some political reading, I have neglected that in the past days (did you know that Medvedev wants to reconsider the treason bill? I am honestly surprised).

But I liked the girl from HongKong.

I don't it's possible to watch too many Disney films!
Oh yes. I hated Disney movies as a child. I am rather indifferent to them now. I loved Ratatouille though (that's not Disney, is it?).

Daniel5555

On the Ice
beep_beep
You don't need to install it !!! I haven't and it's working perfectly... I remember it said it was *optional* to install...
Hm... for me it's didn't worked until I installed it.
Well, it's not bad to have Silverlight anyway :)

gourry

Final Flight
Did you see that? That guy is waving banner saying 'Kim'. He can use it for all 4 Korean skaters!! How effective and economical!:laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Oh yes. I hated Disney movies as a child. I am rather indifferent to them now. I loved Ratatouille though (that's not Disney, is it?).

It is owned by Disney, however it was created by Pixar... which is owned by Disney - that whole deal was a mess within itself... but Disney is better for it now (but it was a long drawn out battle of sorts)

ks777

Record Breaker
Did you see that? That guy is waving banner saying 'Kim'. He can use it for all 4 Korean skaters!! How effective and economical!:laugh:

LOL, are they all Kim? how funny!! By the way, what does Kim mean in Korean? does it mean "Gold"?

amateur

Final Flight
Tina Wang, AUS

Schindler's List

2a telegraphed but ok
2a
2f
2a again telegraphed
spiral nice, reasonably stead, 1st edge great
2lz-1t (or 1lo?)
2lz-2lo-2lo
spins average, not very fast
2lz? (i think one of the lz's was a flip)
combo spin has nice I-spin at end, better than other spins

sl steps had some nice turns and curves, though no particular musicality
commentator lamenting lack of choreo here - i agree

70.38 -- 108.02 -- 1st

gourry

Final Flight
LOL, are they all Kim? how funny!! By the way, what does Kim mean in Korean? does it mean "Gold"?

Yes, they are all Kim.:laugh: Three in ladies and one in men. Yes Kim means gold but it's just name just like White and Black.:biggrin:

Having Kimmie been there, maybe that guy could've used that banner for her as well.

Last edited:

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
This seems like one slow competition. It's been an hour since the start and they are only through one flight.

Kimmie Fan

On the Ice
Yes, they are all Kim.:laugh: Three in ladies and one in men. Yes Kim means gold but it's just name just like White and Black.:biggrin:
Kim is a very common Korean name. along with Park and Lee.
together, those three names probably make up more than half of all Korean last name.

Medusa

Record Breaker
This seems like one slow competition. It's been an hour since the start and they are only through one flight.
Isn't it always that way? 6 competitors each group, 5 minutes for each program + another 3 minutes for the marks and announcement of the next competitor + the warm-up?

amateur

Final Flight
Ana-Cecilia Cantu, MEX

missed music name, but a spy theme, tuxedo costume

2a-2t good
2f - planned 3
2lz-2t - height good on lz
sl steps with a lot of character/spunk, though simple steps
2t? out of foowork
3f fall
2a fall
spirals average but crowd encouraging
neat sit change sit spin spin
1-1 combo

she's got some good character and likes the choreo, but i would lilke to see much more fluidity from her to really make it work. But a nice unique skater, a bit like Vanessa Gusmeroli in stlye

63.93 -- 108.75 -- 1st
a bit disappointed