Ladies LP - actual competition | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP - actual competition

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Nice pic. I don't know much about Canadian sights, is it a replica of something in Canada?

It is supposed to represent an important building, but I can't remember which one... lol... I want to say it's a building in Eastern Canada though.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I am fixing my balletshoes. And pricked myself really badly... That never happens when I am sewing people. :cry:

gourry

Final Flight
I know some people were questioning Hyeon-Jung Kim's age earlier and I was also doubtful of her age so I asked around and got this response

I regret doubting her age before and I believe now she is really 16.

Oh my. That is touching story! Anyway she is very cute!! And I enjoyed her performance. Good luck in her future!

amateur

Final Flight
Hyeon-Jung Kim, KOR
she looks tiny!

gentle piano+strings music, building toward end
there must be many Canadian-Koreans here, big applause

3t step out
3t-2t
2a barely
layback big applause, biellmann at end slow
spiral nice edge, leg position not great
3s-2t
3s - ur?
2a fine
2a-2t-1t ok

she's pleased at end
the crowd were very enthusiatic about her every move -- maybe because she's so small and cute? A bit like Caroline Zhang, but better jump technique on the jumps she can do though, probably better flow (not as good spiral, and no tricks like "pearl" though...)

80.00 -- 121.64 -- 2nd

2-skaters

Rinkside
I know some people were questioning Hyeon-Jung Kim's age earlier and I was also doubtful of her age so I asked around and got this response

I regret doubting her age before and I believe now she is really 16.

really -I think no where near 16

Tigger

Final Flight
I'm guessing that's a version of Casa Loma.

Ack!! Someone's skating to the Elizabeth The Golden Age!!!! I almost don't care about how she skates as I've been hoping to see that skated to by anyone!! Really great music.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I did not watch her skate but her score was 80 she is into second.

beep_beep

Medalist
I am fixing my balletshoes. And pricked myself really badly...:cry:
I hope it's nothing that a band-aid can't fix...

I do that all the time too... when it's not myself, it's that pretty pink satin (it doesn't hurt though, is just annoying...)

Medusa

Record Breaker
ow!

I didn't know you took ballet, Medusa!
Just recreational. I was a gymnast till I became too fat at 13/14 (I am actually quite slim, just not narrow and small enough for gymnastics) - I took a few years off these kind of sports and then started ballet on a recreational basis. It's great, it's relaxing, lots of fun, takes my (very lively) mind of things.

amateur

Final Flight
Cheltzie Lee, AUS

Elizabeth the Golden age

2a nice!
3s good
3t-turn-2t
3t almost - but fall
2a-2t-2lo nice height!
2lz-2t
2a good

choreo nothing outstanding or memorable, but she did maintain decent attack and flow throughout
not sure if she's disappointed at the finish, or just tired
she had very good low sitspin positions.. that is all i remember for spins

79.92 -- 123.88 -- 2nd
pleased with score, sb

Medusa

Record Breaker
That jump content for Mao looks very watered down... No Lutz, no Salchow, no 3-3. It's a shame.

shallwedansu

On the Ice
really -I think no where near 16
Make of it what you will.But I have to admit Asian women tend to look younger than their age and I wouldn't be surprised if her earlier medical condition had some effect on her growth. When I asked around they also said she's been skating in Korea for years now so it's not like she popped up out of nowhere.

She's a really cute skater and I'd like to see her improve.

Tigger

Final Flight
her bio says -Elizabeth the Golden Age soundtrak

I wonder about that middle section though. That did not sound like anything from EGA. Close, but I don't remember hearing that at all during the movie/Closing Credits. The Opening and Closing Sections are from EGA though. The Opening part from close to the end and the Closing is from the Armada/Fireships Battle.

Yes, I really do adore this music and have watched the movie maybe a wee bit too much...:laugh: