Adam Rippon - Journal Update | Golden Skate

Adam Rippon - Journal Update

Apparently working with Morozov is iffy and much depends on his availability in Hackensak, or wherever in the US.

Rippon, while competing in Jr. Worlds, will face Michal Brezina a more formidable opponent, imo, than Borodulin.

Good luck to Orser to. He's on his way to being a Master Coach.

mjames

Rinkside
Interesting it does explain a lot. I did not realize he worked with Paul Wylie. I see a similar style. It does seem like he took his time in making a decision and did not rush into a new coaching arrangement. As for Morozov, he has not been in Hackensack for several months. I do not know where his home base is.

efreedman

On the Ice
Paul Wylie

Interesting it does explain a lot. I did not realize he worked with Paul Wylie. I see a similar style. .

Paul was very complementary about Adam last year in NBC's fluff piece before the exhibition. In addition, at An Evening With Champions at Harvard which Adam headlined, Paul was again very complementary about Adam's skating skills in his introduction. It's evident that he thinks very highly of Adam

Gosh, a challenging year indeed. I like his spirit.

Incidentally, his struggles with the 3A bring up that old concern - how much practice is enough, v. too much? Fans often like to post that this or that skater doesn't practice jumps or programs enough. But I always wonder whether the reason for that is that they don't dare because of old or potential new injuries. It must be very difficult to find the right balance. And it must vary from skater to skater based on all kinds of physical factors as well as training differences.

Anyway, best to Adam! How fortunate to have Yu Na for his training partner!

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Aw this all sounds so good for Adam. I think he has so much potential. I wish him the best at Jr Worlds.

Sinclare

Rinkside
Glad to read that he left the soap opera and entered a reality show. Good for him! Are US skaters allowed to live and train outside of the US?

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Are US skaters allowed to live and train outside of the US?
Yes. Remember that Rippon actually spent a fair amount of time training abroad last year (Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Andorra), as mentioned in his online journal entries.

Audrey19

On the Ice
Thanks for posting!
Very interesting read - it's good to see that he actually is satisfied with how he ended up at Nationals...although it would have been so so so great to see him at worlds *sigh*
Go Adam! :rock::rock::rock:

efreedman

On the Ice
Thanks for posting!
Very interesting read - it's good to see that he actually is satisfied with how he ended up at Nationals...although it would have been so so so great to see him at worlds *sigh*
Go Adam! :rock::rock::rock:

It would have been wonderful to have seen him at Worlds, but given the lack of coaching attention and everything else that he has been through, I think that it's best. Could you imagine him in the middle of the Johnny/Brandon Mroz fiasco? I don't think that Adam would have wanted to be in that position.

Hopefully, he'll skate well at Junior Worlds and be in great shape for next year's Grand Prix!

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I am so happy for Adam, he deserves a great coach.
Can't wait to see what Brian will do for him.