Gold versus silver | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Gold versus silver

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I always like the underdogs, so it's the silver team for me...Kwan, Slutskaya, and Ito especially.

shallwedansu

On the Ice
Yamaguchi vs Ito - tied
Baiul vs Kerrigan
Lipinski vs Kwan - tied
Hughes vs Slutskaya
Arakawa vs Cohen - tied

I'm generally a lover, not a hater.:yes:

clairecloutier

Final Flight
I have to go with the gold group due to Yamaguchi and Arakawa, both of whom were incredibly talented overall skaters (and both of whom are among my top 5 female skaters of the past 25 years).

But it's extremely close, due to Kwan and Ito in the silver group. Kwan is arguably the best female skater overall in the past 25 years (based on results alone). And Ito's athletic accomplishments are legendary; she's probably the greatest female athlete in the history of the sport. Plus, this group also includes Cohen, who's among the greatest artists! Tough choice.

I've always felt that winning the Olympic silver is nearly as great as an accomplishment as winning the gold, mostly because it is often so very, very close between gold and silver. Torino was an exception to this; but many of the other Olympics have been virtual photo finishes, with results that continue to be debated to this day.

jennylovskt

Medalist
Which team do you like better?

Yamaguchi
Baiul
Lipinski
Hughes
Arakawa

or

Ito
Kerrigan
Kwan
Slutskaya
Cohen

Mixed team for me:

Yamaguchi
Baiul
Kwan
Slutskaya
Cohen

I don't know much about Ito. I don't like Kerrigan at all, as a skater and as a TV program host and commentator. I like Baiul the ballerina in the Olympic, the only Baiul I liked. I might be able to like Lipinski more if she did not steal the moment from Kwan in 1998. :biggrin: What a shame that Hughes' skate of the life time took away Slutskaya's gold in 2002. I like Arakawa, but Cohen is always the best in terms of beautful, graceful postures on ice.

Last edited:

fairly4

Medalist
sorry, i don't get it.
Does it mean who you like better perfer better over who you don't.
sorry.
I would mix them up.