Thread: American Idol Season 8

Hybrid View

American Idol Season 8

Am I the only one watching this season? I'll admit I have half heartedly watched the auditions and hell week (I was in FL for part of the time), but I am impressed with some of the talent. No real favorites, but I've found one to dislike strongly.

Custom Title
    I've found three to dislike strongly.
    I just can't stand drama queens. Actually I really like Adam. I rarely ever fall for
    emo boys, but I find him really attractive, and he has tons of talent. I think he's going to be one of the favorites. There are some other talents, but lots of them turn me off with their sob stories.

Tatiana should NOT be anywhere near the top. If she gets voted into the actual competition I'm seriously considering not watching at all.

Lol. Tatiana is in! I think parts of her singing are actually good, but will people really vote for her drama? I also really like Adam Lambert. I think he is the front runner to win. He has an amazing and unique voice.

Custom Title
    There are a couple that I didn't think should have gone thru but, overall I like the selections. I don't have any favorites yet. What does anyone think of the new judge?? Myself I don't know why they brought someone else on.

I prefer the new judge to Paula... considering the rumors flying that Simon wants to quit or the fact that producers want to boot Paula I think it's smart to introduce her now rather than later.

I agree that Tatiana can sing, but she is so fake and puts other drama queens to shame. She has to go... seriously (I have a feeling she'll be vote for the worst's favorite)

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

AI Judges - Who the heck is Kara DioGuardi Anyway?

Kara DioGuardi - never heard of her in my life. I don't get what her credentials are for the show - not that it matters. Paula Abdual is no great talent either. I don't think Simon cares for Kara and Paula looks slightly out of place next to her. I think Paula is feeling a little threatened by her. I wonder if she will be part of next year's show - if there is a next season. It would seem there are enough American Idol wannabees out there. I think the show needs to wind down. Simon may move on anyway...

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I just adore Adam. He seems like such a nice guy and he seems like he works really hard on whatever he has to do....song, arrangement and presentation wise.

I love Danny & Allison and then Chis. I am just surprised that Matt is still in the competition.

Kara was brought in this season because of Paula's out of reality crap from last season. Paula's toned way down and I think she knows she's on the verge of being booted. Kara's judging started out strong, but her opinion is more and more like Paula's these days = irrelivent... AFAIK she's a singer, but even if she's just behind the scenes her 'name' shouldn't be what qualifies her. No one in the US knew who Simon was outside of the biz when AI started and now he's a household name... and I doubt many in my generation knew who Randy Jackson was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I just adore Adam. He seems like such a nice guy and he seems like he works really hard on whatever he has to do....song, arrangement and presentation wise.

I love Danny & Allison and then Chis. I am just surprised that Matt is still in the competition.

Adam really makes me wonder why he is on AI? How did that life never become entirely famous without control?

THis guy I see beoynd AI standards, more than a "Great singer, good stage scills, good looks, good personality." I could see that guy do anything - and I think we'll see him in many things to come in the future.

I really hope he will manage his opportunities well.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaniBu View Post

Adam really makes me wonder why he is on AI? How did that life never become entirely famous without control?
    I may be wrong so please correct if I am. I thought from one of Adam's interviews he said the reason he moved to California was to try and break into the field.....and he was getting no where. I think whether he wins or not, he's broken into the field.

I am very nervous that Matt is still in the competition....I want Allison to go as far as she can.

Somone at work said they think that Matt wins...that it's all over the internet. Now they may just be doing this to torment me.... what do you all think???

Matt will be leaving tonight.