American Idol Season 8 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

American Idol Season 8

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Lad - if it bothers you that much there must be something good on your Canadian stations so that you don't suffer through our garbage :laugh:

as for the Disney connection - they opened up an attraction in their park... I think it's a dumb move because AI is on its way out. Once again, Disney is slow on the uptake... I think they just wasted a buttload of money that could have been used on something else... however AI does go with the theme of Disney's Hollywood Studios park... I'm just bummed they pushed back the opening and I missed seeing Carrie and David while I was down there

So far I like Danny, that's it. And Tatiana is such a drama queen, but I'll bet you anything Simon chooses HER as his pick when the judges round out the top 12.

Poe-Kat

Rinkside
Methinks Danny Gokey is going far in this season's competition... at least in the top 3!

Stuff (like keeping one of my grandsons from living up to his nickname - Kolya the Destroya) took precedence over my intentions to watch Idol this week so I missed all the hoopla.

Does anyone know how Scott MacIntyre is doing? I know he made top 36...what's the latest?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Glad to see Scott in the top 12. I hope they are not sorry by putting Tatianna as wild card.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I *knew* she'd make the show tonight and I'll bet money she makes top 12

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Lad - if it bothers you that much there must be something good on your Canadian stations so that you don't suffer through our garbage :laugh:

as for the Disney connection - they opened up an attraction in their park... I think it's a dumb move because AI is on its way out. Once again, Disney is slow on the uptake... I think they just wasted a buttload of money that could have been used on something else... however AI does go with the theme of Disney's Hollywood Studios park... I'm just bummed they pushed back the opening and I missed seeing Carrie and David while I was down there

So far I like Danny, that's it. And Tatiana is such a drama queen, but I'll bet you anything Simon chooses HER as his pick when the judges round out the top 12.

Actually, there has not been very good fare on our Canuck channels either. The CBC has been really watered down and CTV is suffering - eventhough it is the Official 2010 Olympic coverage station here. Canadian Idol bit the dust. Oh well, there is Dancing with the Stars to look forward to. I hope it is good.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know if it's just me but it seems like this is the first year that there are at least 6 people that could win Idol. I love the Michael Jackson songs and of course the one that stood out for me was Adam.

Anyone willing to go out on a limb to say who might get the boot? I forget the name right off but it's the blonde girl with the tatto on her right arm.

Found her name - Megan Corkrey.

Last edited:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I think that's Megan but Simon adores pretty blondes so if he can he would save her. I wouldn't care if it were Kris or Matt Sarver or Megan or the teenager (can't recall her name)! I agree that they have more possible winners on this year than previous years. I think it will be Adam or Danny or Alexis for the win.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I don't know if it's just me but it seems like this is the first year that there are at least 6 people that could win Idol. I love the Michael Jackson songs and of course the one that stood out for me was Adam.

Anyone willing to go out on a limb to say who might get the boot? I forget the name right off but it's the blonde girl with the tatto on her right arm.

Found her name - Megan Corkrey.

I think the stand out performance of the night was Adam. I know, I said I was not watching, but he did grab my attention. Michael Jackson material is not easy and I think of all the performers Adam caught Michaels' energy. The singer that followed him was okay, but it was one of Michaels' "softer" tunes, so was not that much of a challenge. My vote would go with Adam all the way to the top. I hope he wins.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As I look at the Top 13, here is how I would line them up realizing it's so early to do this but having fun doing it.

My decision was based on kind of equals like Adam & Danny to me are equal.

Adam - Danny
Lil - Scott
Michael - Alexis
Allison - Jasmine
Anoop - Jorge
Chris - Matt
Megan

Wrlmy

Medalist
Thanks God Adam saved himself with that performance.
I still don't get Danny and Alexis. I didn't get Lil, but her Mary Blige song won me over. Love Matt, but he's not a consistent performer.
I love Megan. She's different and pretty. She could be Brooke White of this season.
I think this season's finalists are the strongest ever based on last night's performances. There was no terrible performance except for some unfortunate song choices.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree this season is incredibly strong. It's anyone's game as far as I'm concerned...

really annoyed that the Judges jumped all over Alexis for being over the top but praised Adam's over the top (and incredibly broadway, IMHO) performance. I got a Rum-Tum-Tugger vibe (CATS).

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Honestly, other than a couple of vocally talented contestants, I don't really see any standouts. Adam is way overrated IMO.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm not a big fan of Adam either, I find him incredibly over the top. which can be blamed, in part, by his stage experience... but he's over the top period and it's already old lol

Wrlmy

Medalist
Adam's stage presence is definitely over the top, which is worriesome since he's one of my favorites. But one thing that really stood out was his ability to sing his verses. Lots of "belters" have problem with their verses like Diana Degarmo, Danny Gokey, etc. But Adam has great control all over his range.

People should not sing Carrie's songs, especially JTTW. Lakeesha (sp?) also had a problem with that song. Whenever anyone takes on Carrie's song, it just reminds me of what a great vocalist Carrie is.

Adam Lambert has this thing in the bag. He is in a class by himself. Everyone else can go home now and beat the rush at the Greyhound station. :laugh:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Allison is pretty spectacular too.

Here's my prediction for the boot tonight.

Scott, yup sorry to say. It's like he won't listen to the judges so I agree with them, so......so long...farewell