American Idol Season 8 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

American Idol Season 8

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I am sure a lot of you like him and I am not trying to be mean but he will be the same thing as the Soul Patrol. A few loyal fans who continue to promote him although the main reason is just to try and prove us "nay sayers" wrong. He will be a flash in the pan JUST LIKE the old fart and Ruben.

For one, Taylor had problems with the AI management, dropped 'em, then re-signed with them. So, he didn't get an album, right out of AI like all the past winners. (excluding Ruben who didn't release until way later because of health problems)

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
For some reason, I think the little girls will come out in full force and Kris will win.

Little girls should be banned from all AI events..did you hear them scream...they could shatter glasses. :laugh: :laugh: :clap: :clap:

Little girls didn't make David Archuleta win, so you never know. I think the teenies are more into Adam, IMO.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
For one, Taylor had problems with the AI management, dropped 'em, then re-signed with them. So, he didn't get an album, right out of AI like all the past winners. (excluding Ruben who didn't release until way later because of health problems)

I mean this in the nicest way ..... but doesn't that just prove the point, neither situation sounds like a true "Idol" to me.

The show that makes you a star drops you ....

Don't have the psychical ability to fufill ... not even in a recording studio ....

These are good "role models" i.m.o. but Idols? :cool:

The power to decide does not mean the right choice will be made.

But there agian really just an opinion - nothing lost or gained. If they are good they make it, if they a great they will make it big is the factor maker in making "Fact".

So time really is the UBER judge of A.I.

Last edited:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I mean this in the nicest way ..... but doesn't that just prove the point, neither situation sounds like a true "Idol" to me.

The show that makes you a star drops you ....

Don't have the psychical ability to fufill ... not even in a recording studio ....

These are good "role models" i.m.o. but Idols? :cool:

The power to decide does not mean the right choice will be made.

But there agian really just an opinion - nothing lost or gained. If they are good they make it, if they a great they will make it big is the factor maker in making "Fact".

So time really is the UBER judge of A.I.

Taylor dropped THEM, not the other way around. :)
Ruben got sick soon after. Tho, I did worry about his stamina to begin with.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kelly Clarkson also had issues with her first album and sued the management she had to sign with so that she could go her own way. IIRC this is a lot like Mr. Hicks.

And calling him an old fart is way out of line, IMHO, he's no older than some of the guys who didn't go prematurely gray (Taylor went gray in high school). And age doesn't matter, there are some "has beens" who can sing above and beyond today's "top talent."

Personally I think "idol" is the wrong word anyway, we don't need idols to worship. We need stars/role models to look up to.

and I don't see anyone but Adam winning. Danny couldn't have given him any more competition than Kris will. (good thing, too, I want Kris to have a bit more say in how his album will turn out)

Ginask8s

On the Ice
Mad World

Funny, if it's for little girls why are all you guys watching it? (I just assume that not all of you are little girls)

Can the Adam guy sing? Anyone got a sample of his voice?

Download his rendition of "Mad World" It is amazing. The performance itself gave me goosebumps and I am certainly not 12 years old. He is not only a singer who can do variety, he is a consistent performer.

Love Kris too.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I don't think it's the job of stars to be role models. It's their job to perform. I'm not interested in them being idols either.

antmanb

Record Breaker
? That's exactly what it is, a popularity contest. In England it's even called "Pop Idol." They are trying to find someone who can become a popular singer and sell millions of records. They are looking for Britny Spears, not Barbra Streisand.

It was called pop idol a few times (we also had one series that tried to find a band called "pop stars" then another with two rival bands being formed "Pop Stars the Rivals") but after a legal battle between Simon Cowell and Simon Fuller the UK version of the show is called "X Factor" and has a different format to the "idol" shows. The auditions go ahead as normal, but in the judges mind they're whittling the contestants down into four categories The Boys (under25), The Girls (under25) The Overs (men and women over 25) and The Groups.

The judges are then given the role of mentor to one of the groups, so there is a lot of competition between the judges for each of the judges "own" act. The public vote each week determines the bottom two, then following a performance by the bottom two, the judges then have the deciding vote as to who stays and who goes (with the mentors generally voting for their own act).

The show always starts at the end of the summer and has a big Finale a week or so before christmas (ensuring that the winner has the Christmas number one in the charts!). The final includes the final three acts, all of whom sing with a big star in the show (the winner last year sang with Beyonce). One of the three gets voted off before the final two sing what will become the first single for the winner.

Ant

The most likely to win never wins. Adam will not win because of this and also because he is gay (shades of Aiken). Gays are losers in America. The pretty little boy from the wholesome home town will win. Advanced congrats to Kriss.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
The most likely to win never wins. Adam will not win because of this and also because he is gay (shades of Aiken). Gays are losers in America. The pretty little boy from the wholesome home town will win. Advanced congrats to Kriss.

Maybe because of that, but not because he's gay. A lot of people are quite turned off my his style/tongue usage while singing/overconfidance. It's the latter that bothers me. FYI, I didn't even know he was gay until after I decided that he bothered me.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Aiken kept his as 'hidden' as possible and even said he WASN'T... I took it as face value... Aiken was good as was Ruben and while I was hoping for Clay (and was incredibly BUMMED when he lost) I also enjoyed Ruben... neither one of them had a lasting career in pop music... Aiken is doing now what Simon said he was good for = the stage. More power to him...

I just hate that Simon is drooling over Adam's ability when Adam sounds no less 'affected' by his stage experience. His style screams musical theatre and yet he's applauded for it. Nevermind six years ago it was a big turn off for Master Cowell.

Maybe because of that, but not because he's gay. A lot of people are quite turned off my his style/tongue usage while singing/overconfidance. It's the latter that bothers me. FYI, I didn't even know he was gay until after I decided that he bothered me.
Of course. We don't really want people in high places that are not like us. hmmm.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Finale week! I swear this year is just flying by. How is that possible????

and has the finale always been just one hour on Tuesdays? I know it's two hours tomorrow... but I thought it was at least an hour and a half in years past?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
He sort of sticks his tongue out past his teeth, (shades of Kiss) when he hits his incredibly high notes. I think he is an awesome singer and performer and would be delighted if he won. Kris is good, but not special, to my thinking anyway.....42

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Show, I guess I just thought that was one of his idiosyncrasies. Kris does something weird with his mouth when he sings. I guess I never thought to dislike either of them because of it.

We got 3 songs from each finalist, what a treat to hear Adam sing 3 different songs. Amazing!!! Tonight was just amazing, do you hear me....amazing.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't think we've ever seen so completely different finalists before... I mean yeah normally we have a girl guy or a girl girl finale and we had a guy guy finale in 2003... but they're so different in style... confidence... and what not...

Judges annoy me once again, but what's new? LOL

What was with Paula's look?

Either one could win and I think it'd be fine... hoping Adam will win so Kris can have alittle more say in who he signs with (yes I'm a broken record) lol...

Can Adam make it as a single artist and not a band? Chris Daughtry said he was very grateful NOW to not have won because he could have a rock BAND which is what worked for him.... do we HAVE any SINGLE rock artists that are the top of the charts? Can Adam be that one? I'm not sure the market is up for that at the moment.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have resigned myself that Kris may win tonight. Just based on talent last night I couldn't believe Kris" performances. Like Simon said, it was like a few guys getting together to strum a few chords. Oh well. :cool: