American Idol Season 8 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

American Idol Season 8

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well, I don't think he needed to listen to Paula. It's not like he could really move around the stage, and his just standing there (even with a guitar) this week just didn't work...

he seemed to go really flat in the last few weeks... song choice was wrong and he just wasn't singing all that well... :no:

my top 4 - Adam, Allison, Danny, Kris... all but one is a favorite.

Arianne

On the Ice
I've been an Adam fan since day one, and it's safe to say that I'm obsessed! I don't care if he's over the top because I believe he has the best voice I've ever heard. Check out some of his youtube stuff like Brigadoon or Come Home or I Just Love You. His studio version of Mad World is out of this world. If your not into him on the show, I think your opinion might change if you check out his other stuff...it's more subdued!

Arianne

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Well even if it's a more subdued version of his persona on the show, it's just not my style... he has amazing control over his voice which he really showcased this past week.

He's kinda like my Johnny Weir of American Idol - I can't deny his talent, and I really do appreciate it, it just does nothing for me...

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't understand why they used the save last night. I thought using it next week would be more important.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree, the save is a waste of time IMHO... I wasn't even all that upset when Hudson was voted off "before she should have been"... I think she's more hype than substance anyway... even with an Oscar and a Grammy... her song the other night was l-a-m-e.

And don't even get me started on the hype that is Miley Cyrus.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I tho't it was dumb to use it now. What will the judges do if next week Adam or Danny are the final 2?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Danny rules!!!!! n.j.m.o:clap: but I do like Adam as 2;) great singers are left ... well maybe one more to go and it is a true set of clean talent.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think Allison is pretty good, though I hated her song choice and arrangement last week... Kris is my personal favorite, and I love that both he and Danny are music ministers in their churches... Kris reminds me of several guys I grew up with so it's easy to cheer for him. It helps that he's got a great voice.

Anoop totally surprised me this week. I was so worried he was going to ruin one of my favorite songs but wow...

Lil and Matt were the weakest last week... Lil should be the next to go...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm already half heartedly watching Idol. I just don't have the time or energy to get all that invested in it.

Simon's the only one that doesn't have some annoying personality quirk for me. Yeah he's a jerk, and it's mostly put on I'm sure, but at least he's not completely juvenile. The I'm rubber you're glue from Cara and Paula is just downright embarassing and makes women as a whole look to be utterly ridiculous. Best to ignore his snide comments, not engage.

I wouldn't watch if he weren't on the show. Period. Ryan Secrest ain't enough to keep me interested, I'm afraid. (besides, he's also on E! News if I need a hottie fix lol)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I'm already half heartedly watching Idol. I just don't have the time or energy to get all that invested in it.

Simon's the only one that doesn't have some annoying personality quirk for me. Yeah he's a jerk, and it's mostly put on I'm sure, but at least he's not completely juvenile.

:agree::agree::agree:

Best judges thus far Simon, Gene Simmons and Quentin Tarantino. The ladies (judging and contestants), this season in particular have been a bust for me.

I can also see a little of Simon's point in wanting to leave AI. Some of the talent that is on "Britain has talent" is remarkable. This new singing sensation - wow her voice is incredible. But this is the line that we cross with this show - an "Idol" opposed to "raw talent" - there are lots of people who can sing incredibly well but there looks will inhibit the "market life / size." Ruben and the "grey fox" are good examples of great singing but the they ultimately can only live up to 70% at most of what an idol is expected to encompass.

Wrong or whatever, beauty in the media music world we are "looking at" as well. And there is just no getting around the fact that "looks aren't everything" but to say they don't matter is ludicrous. To say it "shouldn't matter" is 100% true. But what should be and what is are different most often in the entertainment world.

There was something on youtube about the worst Idols ever and the pic was of the dreadlocks jewish kid with the guitar security blanket. This is exactly the balance factor just in the opposite direction. To say he made it further than his voice designated is fair, mostly made it on looks - I.M.O. just like someone with a great voice not making it because of their looks.

As far as off key or "iffy" singing goes Danny and Adam are the cleanest / clearest / in key. Adam needs a little better mic control with that fantastic / "unique" range/style. Other than that those two are the best on this show by quite a bit. Danny I cannot believe is not a star of the local music scene already and on his way. Adam ... why is this guy not a rock star already? The rock classics he could cover and the spins he has on other songs. This guy should be a star. And both of them have solid personalities.

And my own personal favorite thing about this season is the mic control. I have noticed a much BETTER looking and use of microphones this season.:clap: most often it has been fitting the song perfectly.

Lil I could see go. Yes good but her mic control, confidence, and vocal "show-off " stuff that is so omnipresent in pop music today is just a load of .... hiding their inability to sustain a solid note. I am so glad Quentin pointed that out and did so decorously with her. And note she did not do that well in a nice even note. The Rose was done well by her but it shows what is know by many. It is harder to hold that nice even note than it is to shift gears all over. Her weaknesses were exposed (including her nerves to go outside of her comfort zone). Besides I think her vocals are a little "meandering" anyway.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Jason wasn't Jewish he was Christian... son of a music minister IIRC... and I was one of the ones that adored him for his voice... I liked the folksy sort of sound.

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Jason wasn't jewish he was Christian...

I stand corrected :bow::bow:

I was not thinking religion though...

ANyhoo, Adam is the fave after tonight. Beyond this show.

Danny has faltered and Kris gave a great run.

Last edited:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
If it weren't for Adam, I probably wouldn't watch this season. Simon is AI and the show wouldn't have the same spark without him. If he goes, I am thinking the fans will too..........42

Simone

Match Penalty
I have not been following this but IMO it has lost it's relevance seasons ago. After four seasons it becomes tedious.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
AI Judges - Who the heck is Kara DioGuardi Anyway?

Kara DioGuardi - never heard of her in my life. I don't get what her credentials are for the show - not that it matters. Paula Abdual is no great talent either. I don't think Simon cares for Kara and Paula looks slightly out of place next to her. I think Paula is feeling a little threatened by her. I wonder if she will be part of next year's show - if there is a next season. It would seem there are enough American Idol wannabees out there. I think the show needs to wind down. Simon may move on anyway...

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just adore Adam. He seems like such a nice guy and he seems like he works really hard on whatever he has to do....song, arrangement and presentation wise.

I love Danny & Allison and then Chis. I am just surprised that Matt is still in the competition.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kara was brought in this season because of Paula's out of reality crap from last season. Paula's toned way down and I think she knows she's on the verge of being booted. Kara's judging started out strong, but her opinion is more and more like Paula's these days = irrelivent... AFAIK she's a singer, but even if she's just behind the scenes her 'name' shouldn't be what qualifies her. No one in the US knew who Simon was outside of the biz when AI started and now he's a household name... and I doubt many in my generation knew who Randy Jackson was.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I just adore Adam. He seems like such a nice guy and he seems like he works really hard on whatever he has to do....song, arrangement and presentation wise.

I love Danny & Allison and then Chis. I am just surprised that Matt is still in the competition.
Adam really makes me wonder why he is on AI? How did that life never become entirely famous without control?

THis guy I see beoynd AI standards, more than a "Great singer, good stage scills, good looks, good personality." I could see that guy do anything - and I think we'll see him in many things to come in the future.

I really hope he will manage his opportunities well.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Adam really makes me wonder why he is on AI? How did that life never become entirely famous without control?
I may be wrong so please correct if I am. I thought from one of Adam's interviews he said the reason he moved to California was to try and break into the field.....and he was getting no where. I think whether he wins or not, he's broken into the field.

I am very nervous that Matt is still in the competition....I want Allison to go as far as she can.

Somone at work said they think that Matt wins...that it's all over the internet. Now they may just be doing this to torment me.... what do you all think???