American Idol Season 8 | Golden Skate

American Idol Season 8

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Am I the only one watching this season? I'll admit I have half heartedly watched the auditions and hell week (I was in FL for part of the time), but I am impressed with some of the talent. No real favorites, but I've found one to dislike strongly.

Wrlmy

Medalist
I've found three to dislike strongly. :laugh:
I just can't stand drama queens. Actually I really like Adam. I rarely ever fall for
emo boys, but I find him really attractive, and he has tons of talent. I think he's going to be one of the favorites. There are some other talents, but lots of them turn me off with their sob stories.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Tatiana should NOT be anywhere near the top. If she gets voted into the actual competition I'm seriously considering not watching at all.

Arianne

On the Ice
Lol. Tatiana is in! I think parts of her singing are actually good, but will people really vote for her drama? I also really like Adam Lambert. I think he is the front runner to win. He has an amazing and unique voice.

CB1AB2

Medalist
There are a couple that I didn't think should have gone thru but, overall I like the selections. I don't have any favorites yet. What does anyone think of the new judge?? Myself I don't know why they brought someone else on.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I prefer the new judge to Paula... considering the rumors flying that Simon wants to quit or the fact that producers want to boot Paula I think it's smart to introduce her now rather than later.

I agree that Tatiana can sing, but she is so fake and puts other drama queens to shame. She has to go... seriously (I have a feeling she'll be vote for the worst's favorite)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't remember their names so here's the top 36. Actually the one I do remember is Tatianna.

Top 36

I actually think Tatianna has a good voice. I think the problem would be trying to control her, which I don't think they can.

Last edited:

Wrlmy

Medalist
I prefer the new judge to Paula... considering the rumors flying that Simon wants to quit or the fact that producers want to boot Paula I think it's smart to introduce her now rather than later.

I agree that Tatiana can sing, but she is so fake and puts other drama queens to shame. She has to go... seriously (I have a feeling she'll be vote for the worst's favorite)

Oh yeah, I love Kara. It's great to see an articulate female judge who actually knows her stuff. Tatiana and Nate have got to go.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Joanna Pacitti. She already had two music videos out. "Slide" was actually on the radio at the mall, a week or two ago.

I didn't see everyone when I was in Louisville, but it just seemed like she had a free pass to audition, imo.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I think there are several very talented young men & 2 or 3 girls that were good. I like in particular Adam Lambert, Danny Gokey, (was surprised they didn't put his friend, Jamar through) Jorge Nunez & Matt Giraud. There were 4 or 5 that I don't think I've heard as yet. Von Smith was another I tho't was good. No favorite as yet. I was pulling for Rose Flack but she's gone & most of the other girls I don't remember except for Alexis Grace (she's good), Lil Rounds & the crazy Tatiana.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Yes, overall, it was not very impressive. I expect that Danny & Alexis will be the top vote getters with either Anoop or Ricky getting the 3rd spot. I think Ricky is at a disadvantage because last night was the first time we saw & heard him so he may not have builty up enough of a fan base to make it through this way. He was very good but I don't phone in so I can't help him. Where are the Bo Bices? the Chris Daughtrey's? the Jason Castro's?

CB1AB2

Medalist
Glad that Alexis made it. She was really good. I was surprised about that Michael S. got voted in and Ricky didn't. I like both of them but Ricky was better I think. I'm glad that Danny made it. He was the best overall. I thought it Very Rude of Tatiana did not even congratulate Danny. She made this poor me face. She was so into herself that I wanted to slap her face. I'm happy to see her go.
Even when Danny was singning and they showed her she wasn't clapping like all the others were. What a poor looser. Glad she is finally gone. What a cheap trick of the producers to put them together at the end. Drama-drama-drama It's going to be interesting to see what Norman does next week.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Not at all impressed with anyone of the group 1. The roughneck guy is at least likable. My favorites are Adam Lambert and Matt Giraud. Girls are boring this year. No Kelly, no Carrie or even Brook.
Danny is a good vocalist, but I don't see his career going any further than Reuben or Taylor. He should learn to present himself more likable and charming on tv.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
AI seems "Lame" this time around

Between the horrible singers and the parents being included on camera, I am finding the whole thing very lame. What's with the family joining in anyway? The three that made it last night were slightly better than the rest. At least the "crazy" girl was booted off. I was sure they would have kept her around to keep people tuned in for her antics.

Also, what is with the Disney connection? Don't Americans get enough of American Idol? I think it is time to scrap this show....