American Idol Season 8 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

American Idol Season 8

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Adam is a great technical singer. Listen to "Come To Me" from Brigadoon via YouTube. You will be blown away. Kris doesn't come close to Adam's ability. Kris, in my opinion, is nice guy with a nice voice who got lucky. Adam can sing Queen, show tunes, pop, country, many types of genres. The people who just remember his rock music weren't listening long enough to appreciate his talents. They were turned off by his looks and life style, my guess and picked out the one type of music they didn't like and decided they didn't like any of his music...........anyway, my opinion and just as valied as the next poster..............42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I will take a little bit of offense when it's decided that I don't like someone just because of his looks.

I'm not debating that he can flat out sing, however - what he showcased on teh show was not my cup of tea. I didn't like his version of Ring of Fire (country? I think not) and I'm not a big fan of the screeching. That being said he's incredibly talented, and if AI is JUST about singing (which it's never been, IMHO) then he'd get my vote. Actually since I didn't vote this year at all it's a moot point.

His lifestyle doesn't come into play, and until I read about it on this board I wouldn't have known one way or the other (for sure).

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Hi Toni...........couldn't tell if you thought I was singling you out with my opinions. By looks, I meant his use of fingernail polish and eye make-up. I know that turned some people off to the point that maybe they "tuned" his music out.........42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
didn't feel singled out but being one of those "turned off" by Adam's song choice I had to voice my opinion.

There are quite a few singers these days who have his same look (not counting his wings for the finale lol) I personally felt the whole thing very "musical theatre" in the way he put on everything. I don't think it's truly him. But that's just how it came off to me.

He was just too much Rum Tum Tugger (CATS) and while I love that cat - I wouldn't want him in every performance... if that makes sense.

For what it's worth, if Kris were to come out with a pop album I wouldn't get into it either. I'm a Country and Contemporary Christian listener (well, those are my main two, my iPod has a bit of everything I think). Don't see Kris going country, and I doubt the AI winner would be able to put out a totally Christian album... so I'm stuck. :laugh: (another reason why I didn't vote...)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Makes sense, Toni.........Adam is musical theater at its best. It will be interesting to see what his album will be like. Wouldn't buy Kris's album either, but maybe a song or two from I-tunes or Napster if I like the tune..........42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm not against musical theatre or anything... (going to the Lion King when it comes to town this fall!) but I don't know... lol his rock vibe just ain't my thang.