Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 8

Custom Title
    Glad that Alexis made it. She was really good. I was surprised about that Michael S. got voted in and Ricky didn't. I like both of them but Ricky was better I think. I'm glad that Danny made it. He was the best overall. I thought it Very Rude of Tatiana did not even congratulate Danny. She made this poor me face. She was so into herself that I wanted to slap her face. I'm happy to see her go.
    Even when Danny was singning and they showed her she wasn't clapping like all the others were. What a poor looser. Glad she is finally gone. What a cheap trick of the producers to put them together at the end. Drama-drama-drama It's going to be interesting to see what Norman does next week.

Custom Title
    Not at all impressed with anyone of the group 1. The roughneck guy is at least likable. My favorites are Adam Lambert and Matt Giraud. Girls are boring this year. No Kelly, no Carrie or even Brook.
    Danny is a good vocalist, but I don't see his career going any further than Reuben or Taylor. He should learn to present himself more likable and charming on tv.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrlmy
    Girls are boring this year.
    You think Alexis is boring???

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

AI seems "Lame" this time around

Between the horrible singers and the parents being included on camera, I am finding the whole thing very lame. What's with the family joining in anyway? The three that made it last night were slightly better than the rest. At least the "crazy" girl was booted off. I was sure they would have kept her around to keep people tuned in for her antics.

Also, what is with the Disney connection? Don't Americans get enough of American Idol? I think it is time to scrap this show....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    You think Alexis is boring???
    Didn't like her song choice and pink streaks, but people seem to lover her. I may like her with better songs.

Lad - if it bothers you that much there must be something good on your Canadian stations so that you don't suffer through our garbage

as for the Disney connection - they opened up an attraction in their park... I think it's a dumb move because AI is on its way out. Once again, Disney is slow on the uptake... I think they just wasted a buttload of money that could have been used on something else... however AI does go with the theme of Disney's Hollywood Studios park... I'm just bummed they pushed back the opening and I missed seeing Carrie and David while I was down there

So far I like Danny, that's it. And Tatiana is such a drama queen, but I'll bet you anything Simon chooses HER as his pick when the judges round out the top 12.

Rinkside
    Methinks Danny Gokey is going far in this season's competition... at least in the top 3!

Stuff (like keeping one of my grandsons from living up to his nickname - Kolya the Destroya) took precedence over my intentions to watch Idol this week so I missed all the hoopla.

Does anyone know how Scott MacIntyre is doing? I know he made top 36...what's the latest?

Quote Originally Posted by Poe-Kat View Post
    Does anyone know how Scott MacIntyre is doing? I know he made top 36...what's the latest?
    I was wondering the same thing.

Glad to see Scott in the top 12. I hope they are not sorry by putting Tatianna as wild card.

I *knew* she'd make the show tonight and I'll bet money she makes top 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Lad - if it bothers you that much there must be something good on your Canadian stations so that you don't suffer through our garbage

as for the Disney connection - they opened up an attraction in their park... I think it's a dumb move because AI is on its way out. Once again, Disney is slow on the uptake... I think they just wasted a buttload of money that could have been used on something else... however AI does go with the theme of Disney's Hollywood Studios park... I'm just bummed they pushed back the opening and I missed seeing Carrie and David while I was down there

So far I like Danny, that's it. And Tatiana is such a drama queen, but I'll bet you anything Simon chooses HER as his pick when the judges round out the top 12.

Actually, there has not been very good fare on our Canuck channels either. The CBC has been really watered down and CTV is suffering - eventhough it is the Official 2010 Olympic coverage station here. Canadian Idol bit the dust. Oh well, there is Dancing with the Stars to look forward to. I hope it is good.

I don't know if it's just me but it seems like this is the first year that there are at least 6 people that could win Idol. I love the Michael Jackson songs and of course the one that stood out for me was Adam.

Anyone willing to go out on a limb to say who might get the boot? I forget the name right off but it's the blonde girl with the tatto on her right arm.

Found her name - Megan Corkrey.
    Last edited by Dee4707; 03-11-2009 at 12:21 PM.

I think that's Megan but Simon adores pretty blondes so if he can he would save her. I wouldn't care if it were Kris or Matt Sarver or Megan or the teenager (can't recall her name)! I agree that they have more possible winners on this year than previous years. I think it will be Adam or Danny or Alexis for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I don't know if it's just me but it seems like this is the first year that there are at least 6 people that could win Idol. I love the Michael Jackson songs and of course the one that stood out for me was Adam.

Anyone willing to go out on a limb to say who might get the boot? I forget the name right off but it's the blonde girl with the tatto on her right arm.

Found her name - Megan Corkrey.
    I think the stand out performance of the night was Adam. I know, I said I was not watching, but he did grab my attention. Michael Jackson material is not easy and I think of all the performers Adam caught Michaels' energy. The singer that followed him was okay, but it was one of Michaels' "softer" tunes, so was not that much of a challenge. My vote would go with Adam all the way to the top. I hope he wins.

As I look at the Top 13, here is how I would line them up realizing it's so early to do this but having fun doing it.

My decision was based on kind of equals like Adam & Danny to me are equal.

Adam - Danny
    Lil - Scott
    Michael - Alexis
    Allison - Jasmine
    Anoop - Jorge
    Chris - Matt
    Megan

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast