Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 8

Custom Title
    Thanks God Adam saved himself with that performance.
    I still don't get Danny and Alexis. I didn't get Lil, but her Mary Blige song won me over. Love Matt, but he's not a consistent performer.
    I love Megan. She's different and pretty. She could be Brooke White of this season.
    I think this season's finalists are the strongest ever based on last night's performances. There was no terrible performance except for some unfortunate song choices.

I agree this season is incredibly strong. It's anyone's game as far as I'm concerned...

really annoyed that the Judges jumped all over Alexis for being over the top but praised Adam's over the top (and incredibly broadway, IMHO) performance. I got a Rum-Tum-Tugger vibe (CATS).

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Honestly, other than a couple of vocally talented contestants, I don't really see any standouts. Adam is way overrated IMO.

I'm not a big fan of Adam either, I find him incredibly over the top. which can be blamed, in part, by his stage experience... but he's over the top period and it's already old lol

Custom Title
    Adam's stage presence is definitely over the top, which is worriesome since he's one of my favorites. But one thing that really stood out was his ability to sing his verses. Lots of "belters" have problem with their verses like Diana Degarmo, Danny Gokey, etc. But Adam has great control all over his range.

People should not sing Carrie's songs, especially JTTW. Lakeesha (sp?) also had a problem with that song. Whenever anyone takes on Carrie's song, it just reminds me of what a great vocalist Carrie is.

Adam Lambert has this thing in the bag. He is in a class by himself. Everyone else can go home now and beat the rush at the Greyhound station.

Kris was my favorite tonight.

Adam Lambert is fantastic!

Adam is in a whole different world from everyone else.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I think Allison is pretty spectacular too.

Here's my prediction for the boot tonight.

Scott, yup sorry to say. It's like he won't listen to the judges so I agree with them, so......so long...farewell

well, I don't think he needed to listen to Paula. It's not like he could really move around the stage, and his just standing there (even with a guitar) this week just didn't work...

he seemed to go really flat in the last few weeks... song choice was wrong and he just wasn't singing all that well...

my top 4 - Adam, Allison, Danny, Kris... all but one is a favorite.

I've been an Adam fan since day one, and it's safe to say that I'm obsessed! I don't care if he's over the top because I believe he has the best voice I've ever heard. Check out some of his youtube stuff like Brigadoon or Come Home or I Just Love You. His studio version of Mad World is out of this world. If your not into him on the show, I think your opinion might change if you check out his other stuff...it's more subdued!

Arianne

Well even if it's a more subdued version of his persona on the show, it's just not my style... he has amazing control over his voice which he really showcased this past week.

He's kinda like my Johnny Weir of American Idol - I can't deny his talent, and I really do appreciate it, it just does nothing for me...

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I don't understand why they used the save last night. I thought using it next week would be more important.

I agree, the save is a waste of time IMHO... I wasn't even all that upset when Hudson was voted off "before she should have been"... I think she's more hype than substance anyway... even with an Oscar and a Grammy... her song the other night was l-a-m-e.

And don't even get me started on the hype that is Miley Cyrus.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast