American Idol Season 8 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

American Idol Season 8

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Allison will have more control over her career this way. in some ways the American Idol doesn't always win
Excellent way to put it Toni, I feel better about it all now.

Does anyone know what the theme is for next week???

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Happy thus far for the choices made, although I 'd rather Kris left before Allison, but Allison was next anyway. i.m.o.

Has been entertaining this season with the "extras" that come with this show. Paula's performance :agree: etc...

Great season I think, have liked at the very least the last 7 of the contestants.:rock:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I can't believe that Allison was sent home, I thought she was the only one to challenge Adam for the title. As of now I predict Adam will win, he will release a record my december, it will be well-liked, but won't really take off...too rock for the pop kids, too mainstream for the rockers. Allison will be on all the shows, present at the Grammys in 2010 and have her 2 years of fame.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone think the judges picks are going to be extremely hard??? In other words, do you think the judges will try and trip up the 3 guys??

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Adam did well with his... Danny was ok... I didn't think Kris did that bad either.

I'm getting REALLY tired of the "banter" between the judges. It's not been entertaining at all and it's just stupid.

I would love to see a Kris and Adam finale.

Wrlmy

Medalist
The judges are pathetic. Earlier in the season, I was glad AI finally had an articulate female judge with some dignity. Now, Kara is just paularized.

I would love to see Kris/Adam finale as well. Danny's performances past few weeks have been weak contrary to what the judges tell me.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would love to see an Adam/Danny finale. :clap: :clap: I just don't see the hype in Kris..I didn't like either of his songs last night and thought he was way off pitch with the last song.....yet the judges praised him...it must be me. :laugh: :laugh: What do I know??? :laugh: :laugh: I guess I just rely on my ears :agree: and what's pleasing to them and Kris wasn't.

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I would love to see an Adam/Danny finale. :clap: :clap: I just don't see the hype in Kris..I didn't like either of his songs last night and thought he was way off pitch with the last song.....yet the judges praised him...it must be me. :laugh: :laugh: What do I know??? :laugh: :laugh: I guess I just rely on my ears :agree: and what's pleasing to them and Kris wasn't.

Well, I don't see the hype in either Danny or Kris; but of those two Kris got my votes! :thumbsup: It really doesn't matter about either of them... There is no way that either of them are going to win AI. Adam is a hands down WINNER! :clap:

I predict an Adam - Kris finals next week.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I predict an Adam - Kris finals next week.
You got it right!!! It was a surprise to me.

I guess I don't see Kris as versatile as Danny or Adam. I don't have anything against Kris, I just don't think he's that good to be in the finals. Oh well, whatever. :biggrin: :biggrin:

It was a shocker. Adam and Kris are left and Cokely took the last plane out. All three were very special, imo, and I am sure they will get many gigs.

CB1AB2

Medalist
I think it will be a good finally. Again someone (Danny) who was never in the bottom two before goes home. Oh well. I think that Adam had it sewn up long ago anyway.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I wouldn't be surprised if Kris won. We need to take the phones away from the little girls.

:laugh::agree::agree::agree:

And I feel the same way as you Dee, I don't get Kris either. He is cute and has a good voice .. blaa blaa is how I feel. Nothing exciting and to be suspicious I think there should be an investigation into this. Kris was a long shot and the odds would pay off to get him to the final 3 let alone the top two. He does not have the over all talent nor does he have the lasting appeal of personality to me. I find his family far more interesting than than he is.

I am sure a lot of you like him and I am not trying to be mean but he will be the same thing as the Soul Patrol. A few loyal fans who continue to promote him although the main reason is just to try and prove us "nay sayers" wrong. He will be a flash in the pan JUST LIKE the old fart and Ruben.

Yes argue all you want that those guys are still popular but there is no denying that they are not that popular when you compare them to second third ad others that have been on AI. They just don't hold out.

This is likely due only to the fan base of the show directly. If you get out of the "zone of die hard A.I.ers" these dudes are just not that popular.

example even before Clay announced his recent "out" people knew who he was but have no idea who Ruben is, none.

Adam i.m.o should win but doesn't need to. he is beyond the show and it is not necessary for him to win.

Just my o ;)

Particle Man

Match Penalty
Adam has like, infinitely more votes than any of the others. It's pretty pointless to watch. I don't understand why they make these phone-in vote shows, it's just a popularity contest then. People vote for who they like instead of who does best that week. And am I alone in really hating Adam? The emo look and just ... BLECH. Look at the mess he did this past week, backup singer drowning him out, and from what I could hear, he sucked. I know he was awesome in past weeks, but honestly I think Kris is a lot more marketable and still great.

Whatever. It's a show for little girls. :laugh:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Funny, if it's for little girls why are all you guys watching it? (I just assume that not all of you are little girls)

Can the Adam guy sing? Anyone got a sample of his voice?

I don't understand why they make these phone-in vote shows, it's just a popularity contest then:

? That's exactly what it is, a popularity contest. In England it's even called "Pop Idol." They are trying to find someone who can become a popular singer and sell millions of records. They are looking for Britny Spears, not Barbra Streisand.

Medusa said:
Can the Adam guy sing? Anyone got a sample of his voice?

Yeah, he can really sing. The best singer on all the eight seasons of American Idol so far. Win or lose, Simon Cowell is visibly salivating to sign him to a contract. (This week wasn't his best, though -- too screechy.)

I am sure he must be all over You Tube if you want to hear him.

Paticle Man said:

I thought that was figure skating. ;)

Last edited:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
It no longer matters if you win or not. What matters is how talented you actually are. Look at the list of those who became popular after Idol...Clay Aiken, Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson & now Constantine Maroulis. He's up for a Tony Award as the best actor in a Broadway musical. Adam is going to make a lot more money than any of the others from this season, win or lose. I'm thinking that a lot of Danny's fans may now begin voting for Kris so I'm half expecting him to win. On the other hand, I've read where Adam fans were calling in votes for Kris just so Danny wouldn't have a shot at winning. Silly, isn't it?

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For some reason, I think the little girls will come out in full force and Kris will win.

Little girls should be banned from all AI events..did you hear them scream...they could shatter glasses. :laugh: :laugh: :clap: :clap: