Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 8

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by visaliakid View Post
    I predict an Adam - Kris finals next week.
    You got it right!!! It was a surprise to me.

I guess I don't see Kris as versatile as Danny or Adam. I don't have anything against Kris, I just don't think he's that good to be in the finals. Oh well, whatever.

It was a shocker. Adam and Kris are left and Cokely took the last plane out. All three were very special, imo, and I am sure they will get many gigs.

Custom Title
    I think it will be a good finally. Again someone (Danny) who was never in the bottom two before goes home. Oh well. I think that Adam had it sewn up long ago anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CB1AB2 View Post
    Oh well. I think that Adam had it sewn up long ago anyway.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Kris won. We need to take the phones away from the little girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Kris won. We need to take the phones away from the little girls.

And I feel the same way as you Dee, I don't get Kris either. He is cute and has a good voice .. blaa blaa is how I feel. Nothing exciting and to be suspicious I think there should be an investigation into this. Kris was a long shot and the odds would pay off to get him to the final 3 let alone the top two. He does not have the over all talent nor does he have the lasting appeal of personality to me. I find his family far more interesting than than he is.

I am sure a lot of you like him and I am not trying to be mean but he will be the same thing as the Soul Patrol. A few loyal fans who continue to promote him although the main reason is just to try and prove us "nay sayers" wrong. He will be a flash in the pan JUST LIKE the old fart and Ruben.

Yes argue all you want that those guys are still popular but there is no denying that they are not that popular when you compare them to second third ad others that have been on AI. They just don't hold out.

This is likely due only to the fan base of the show directly. If you get out of the "zone of die hard A.I.ers" these dudes are just not that popular.

example even before Clay announced his recent "out" people knew who he was but have no idea who Ruben is, none.

Adam i.m.o should win but doesn't need to. he is beyond the show and it is not necessary for him to win.

Just my o

Banned
    Adam has like, infinitely more votes than any of the others. It's pretty pointless to watch. I don't understand why they make these phone-in vote shows, it's just a popularity contest then. People vote for who they like instead of who does best that week. And am I alone in really hating Adam? The emo look and just ... BLECH. Look at the mess he did this past week, backup singer drowning him out, and from what I could hear, he sucked. I know he was awesome in past weeks, but honestly I think Kris is a lot more marketable and still great.

Whatever. It's a show for little girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
    Funny, if it's for little girls why are all you guys watching it? (I just assume that not all of you are little girls)

Can the Adam guy sing? Anyone got a sample of his voice?

Quote Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
    I don't understand why they make these phone-in vote shows, it's just a popularity contest then:
    ? That's exactly what it is, a popularity contest. In England it's even called "Pop Idol." They are trying to find someone who can become a popular singer and sell millions of records. They are looking for Britny Spears, not Barbra Streisand.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa
    Can the Adam guy sing? Anyone got a sample of his voice?
    Yeah, he can really sing. The best singer on all the eight seasons of American Idol so far. Win or lose, Simon Cowell is visibly salivating to sign him to a contract. (This week wasn't his best, though -- too screechy.)

I am sure he must be all over You Tube if you want to hear him.

Quote Originally Posted by Paticle Man
    I thought that was figure skating.
    Last edited by Mathman; 05-15-2009 at 12:48 AM.

It no longer matters if you win or not. What matters is how talented you actually are. Look at the list of those who became popular after Idol...Clay Aiken, Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson & now Constantine Maroulis. He's up for a Tony Award as the best actor in a Broadway musical. Adam is going to make a lot more money than any of the others from this season, win or lose. I'm thinking that a lot of Danny's fans may now begin voting for Kris so I'm half expecting him to win. On the other hand, I've read where Adam fans were calling in votes for Kris just so Danny wouldn't have a shot at winning. Silly, isn't it?

For some reason, I think the little girls will come out in full force and Kris will win.

Little girls should be banned from all AI events..did you hear them scream...they could shatter glasses.

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaniBu View Post

I am sure a lot of you like him and I am not trying to be mean but he will be the same thing as the Soul Patrol. A few loyal fans who continue to promote him although the main reason is just to try and prove us "nay sayers" wrong. He will be a flash in the pan JUST LIKE the old fart and Ruben.
    For one, Taylor had problems with the AI management, dropped 'em, then re-signed with them. So, he didn't get an album, right out of AI like all the past winners. (excluding Ruben who didn't release until way later because of health problems)

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    For some reason, I think the little girls will come out in full force and Kris will win.

Little girls should be banned from all AI events..did you hear them scream...they could shatter glasses.
    Little girls didn't make David Archuleta win, so you never know. I think the teenies are more into Adam, IMO.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I thought that was figure skating.
    There have been a few audience-voted figure skating cheesefests. They don't seem to do very well. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by CzarinaAnya View Post
    For one, Taylor had problems with the AI management, dropped 'em, then re-signed with them. So, he didn't get an album, right out of AI like all the past winners. (excluding Ruben who didn't release until way later because of health problems)
    I mean this in the nicest way ..... but doesn't that just prove the point, neither situation sounds like a true "Idol" to me.

The show that makes you a star drops you ....

Don't have the psychical ability to fufill ... not even in a recording studio ....

These are good "role models" i.m.o. but Idols?

The power to decide does not mean the right choice will be made.

But there agian really just an opinion - nothing lost or gained. If they are good they make it, if they a great they will make it big is the factor maker in making "Fact".

So time really is the UBER judge of A.I.
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 05-16-2009 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaniBu View Post
    I mean this in the nicest way ..... but doesn't that just prove the point, neither situation sounds like a true "Idol" to me.

The show that makes you a star drops you ....

Don't have the psychical ability to fufill ... not even in a recording studio ....

These are good "role models" i.m.o. but Idols?

The power to decide does not mean the right choice will be made.

But there agian really just an opinion - nothing lost or gained. If they are good they make it, if they a great they will make it big is the factor maker in making "Fact".

So time really is the UBER judge of A.I.
    Taylor dropped THEM, not the other way around.
    Ruben got sick soon after. Tho, I did worry about his stamina to begin with.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast