American Idol Season 8 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

American Idol Season 8

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I guess I don't understand what you mean by the bolded.

His style, as in, what he usually likes to sing. Kris' style is quiet Indie kid, IMO, and some may not like that, either. Just stating.

By tongue usage, I meant, he sticks out his tongue frequently when he's singing. I've heard/read from some people that it has.

My point was that not everyone that disfavors Adam, is doing so based on his sexual orientation, and it's unfair for someone to assume so. It's his ego that bugs the crap out of me.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Kris' words said everything....Kris said.....Adam deserved to win. I agree. Kris didn't come near in talent to Allison or Danny let alone Adam and he knew it.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I thought the roof would collapse after the Adam & Kiss performance!! It was an excellent all around show & at least this time I didn't have a heart attack like I did the night Ruben beat out Clay!!:clap: I pretty much expected this result & wish Kris much luck in the future. Nice young man with a nice voice. I think Adam will be more successful just as Clay was. JMO

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I guess all the little girls voted for Kris - so much for the talent end of American Idol. Adam has the voice and the personna of a rock star - he will be bigger than Kris anyway even without the so called "title" American Idol winner. Adam will be signing long after Kris has his five minutes of fame....

As I predicted from the beginning - no one effeminate will win regardless of the talent.
The sweet little winner though, did have a nice 40's style voice.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess all the little girls voted for Kris - so much for the talent end of American Idol. Adam has the voice and the personna of a rock star - he will be bigger than Kris anyway even without the so called "title" American Idol winner. Adam will be signing long after Kris has his five minutes of fame....

Lad you said it so well. I just couldn't believe that America has made this such a popularity contest. It's a talent contest. Adam is/was memorable....Kris I didn't even think about until he was in the bottom 2 for 2 or 3 times. I think America paid a dis-service to Kris....and............he said it so well himself....Adam deserved to win...I was so embarrassed for Kris. I hope that he can deal with the stress of it all. I just can't believe America did this to him.

I voted for Adam based on his talent....I was excited each week to see what he was going to perform. I voted for Adam based on his talent and I don't really care for his genre of music but I thought I would vote based on his talent. Even when he screamed he was on pitch. All in all I voted for him because I thought he had the MOST TALENT of all of them. I think the one thing I liked about Adam was the staging of his whole routine right down to his fingertips. Kris came out wearing a pair of wrinkled jeans... I would look at him and say....Ok I guess I deserved a whole lot of your time.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
AI has never been just about the talent... *maybe* the first season... but after that. nope. it's a pop icon that's all about what's popular. The talented come close, but in the end someone wins and it's not going to be everyone's choice... I think the two who make the finale are the big winners... anymore it comes too close...

what's surprising is they didn't give us the number of how many votes came between the winner and the loser. Every year since Clay and Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuben (did you see him in the audience???) Ryan's made a big deal of how close it was... makes you wonder...

To make this a gay issue is a little far fetched... I think it has more to do with the style of music they sing and looks - certainly - but not their sexual orientation.

Wrlmy

Medalist
I guess Joe pretty much summed it up. As much as I don't want to scream "homophobia!", oh well. Since when AI was all about talent anyway?
I just hope Adam will have a great post-AI career.

Ginask8s

On the Ice
I think everybody will get what they want in this case.I bet people are standing in line to get a hold of Adam. I kind of feel bad for Kris's wife. I hope the marriage can survive under all this fame and fortune. Arent they newlyweds?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
they are, but AFAIK, the marriages of the former Idols (winners and runners up) are solid...

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
what's surprising is they didn't give us the number of how many votes came between the winner and the loser. Every year since Clay and Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuben (did you see him in the audience???) Ryan's made a big deal of how close it was... makes you wonder...
Toni, I wondered about that too. I texted my female boss when they announced Kris as the winner and told her that her 5 votes could have put Adam as the winner. :laugh: :laugh: It was very hard trying to get through to vote for Adam.

:bow: :bow:Toni, I am making you my official "make Dee feel better" representative. We'll talk about pay later. :clap: :clap:

Toni said:
To make this a gay issue is a little far fetched... I think it has more to do with the style of music they sing and looks - certainly - but not their sexual orientation.
You know what Toni, I do feel that voting was based on that issue or at least that Adam was different, whatever that means. The reason I say this is because I was listening to the radio driving to work and at least 10 people stated they voted for Kris because he was "normal" ....Adam was too far out there. I couldn't believe my ears. No mention of whether he had talent or not....he was just too far out there.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I think everybody will get what they want in this case.I bet people are standing in line to get a hold of Adam. I kind of feel bad for Kris's wife. I hope the marriage can survive under all this fame and fortune. Arent they newlyweds?
IIRC, he mentioned in an interview that they were married last year but had been together since high school. The only really successful Idol contestant who was married when he auditioned (that I can recall) is Chris Daughtry, and AFAIK he and his wife are still together.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
It will be interesting to see how many of those who voted for Kris actually support him by buying his albums & tickets to his own personal concerts. I hope he isn't disappointed.

CB1AB2

Medalist
I voted for him and I will be buying his albums and going to see him. (if he comes to my area)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Dee, I couldn't have summed it up better. Kris looks like a nice guy with an average voice, but Adam is a cut way above Kris's ability. I was hoping this year America would pick a truly talented individual with the charisma and voice of a true star. But once again, they fell short and instead of picking "Prime Rib", they played it safe and picked "a nice cut of beef"......................I'm not sure I'll watch next year.......42

In an MSNBC poll (not scientific) Adam running ahead of Kriss by a big margin. I liked Kris with his mellow tones and playing those instruments but even the nerdy looking one with glasses could do it better on vocals than Kris.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Honestly, I voted for Kris. This was the only time I voted this season. I voted for Kris because I liked his style of music better than I liked Adam's style of music.

I love, absolutley love Adam's voice. It's gorgeous and I like Adam's personalitly too. He comes accross as soo sweet and kind even if he is a bit out there. BUT, I hated the way Adam used his upper register all the time. It was like nails on the chalk board for me. Hated it, hated it, hated it. It was frustrating because he would start out so beautiful and then he'd start doing the screaming.
Not only that, but a lot of Adam's song choices I didn't like either. Mad World sounded whiney to me. Ring of Fire sounded like tripped out 70's. And well everything else he really played well safe.

In contrast I liked Kris's musical choices, and there's something about his voice that moves me. He doesn't have the best voice in the world, but at his best, when he really connects... Plus, I liked his style of music the best..